“Great restaurant if you want something a little different than the norm!”
Review of The Blu Moon

The Blu Moon
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Ludington
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Sushi, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a French/Japanese Fusion bistro that specailizes in farm to table and boat to table, we also have a sidewalk cafe. We are open in our bistro Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 4:30 pm. to 9:30 P.M. and our patio is always open one hour later with drinks and snacks sometimes later depending on business. We are open on Friday and Saturday from 4:30 pm to10:30 pm bar open later on weekends. Winter hours may very. We offer a wide variety of local fish, and speciality old cooking techniques from pot roast to a full sushi menu, also offer a full kids menu!!!
Flora, Indiana
“Great restaurant if you want something a little different than the norm!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We've vacationed in Ludington several years & we found a new place to return to next year! Great food for all of us & dining upstairs on the deck was a fun & different experience for us in Ludington. The menu doesn't offer as many choices as most, but the selection is diverse & something can be found for everyone with different tastes. We will go back next year!

2 Thank hoosiertraveler667

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“A delightful place”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My adult children live in Ludington and say they could eat at Blu Moon every day. Well, you probably could. I have eaten there several times and have always had excellent food. The inside restaurant has a larger menu, which is enjoyable, but the upper deck menu is equally as nice and I BET one could get a special dish if they are familiar with the menu. They have these great Chef's choice platters my son totally luvs that feeds two and more! They have a vegan/vegetarian menu, also, that is quite nice and can usually tweak many dishes to one's specific needs. Their sushi is exceptional and beautiful, too and they have great oysters on the half shell, also. Large wine menu and a nice special drink menu too. Full bar. They do have a bar area to sit in for beverages and eating. The dining room opens at 5p on Sundays and I am not sure what it is the rest of the week. The day before we ate up on the deck on that lovely summer day in wonderful Pure Michigan Ludington

Ok, I do have to say, the service was quick, but the food does not come out really quickly after the salads. Probably considered nicely spaced courses, but if you are really hungry and some people ordered an appetizer or salad...you may start to feel like you are waiting a while.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank decoratingplus
Virginia
“Happy Surprise!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We spend part of every summer in Ludington. Several summers ago, we had several negative experiences at Blu Moon, so last year we didn't return. But after hearing good reports from friends and family this summer, we decided to try again--and we're glad we did! The food was delicious--from salad to dessert--and the service was attentive, friendly and efficient. Our appetizers--cup of chili and glazed walnut/cherry salad--were delicious--just enough dressing on the salad; our entree, which we split--sauteed scallops and shrimp with bok choy, rice and other Asian vegetables was perfectly prepared--and plenty for two. We splurged on flourless chocolate cake for dessert...also delicious.

Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, service a bit slow”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family was recently on vacation in Michigan and we decided to have dinner at the Blu Moon in Ludington. Of the four of us dining there, the food reaction ranged from "it's okay" from one daughter, regarding the fish and chips, to "it's fine" from my husband (the hamburger), to "oh my... this is fabulous" from my other daughter and me. She had the seafood tortellini and I had the shrimp and grits. We both very much liked our meal, and if it was just the two of us, for the food, at least, I'd give 5 stars. However, the other two selections were pretty lackluster for the price.

The service was okay, but not excellent. It took a while to be seated (4-5 minutes) because we got there a little on the early side and we could only see one staff member in the dining room and she didn't see us. Our waitress was friendly when she was there. She took our drink order, brought the drinks and we then ordered our meals. After that, we did not see her until our food came, which was about 30 minutes. A young man did come by to fill our water, but when my daughter explained that she had Sierra Mist when he tried to fill her glass with water (an easy mistake), he didn't offer to fill her drink although it was pretty low. In fact, no one volunteered to fill her drink that evening. After getting our food, we did see our waitress one more time when she checked if our meals were good, and when she brought our check. I might not have noticed her lack of attentiveness but the other waitress in our area was a pretty stark contrast to ours. She was very attentive to her tables. So, my criticism of the service may be due more to our particular server than to service at the Blu Moon, in general.

So, in all, a positive experience, but just not an excellent experience.

michigan
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice inside. Husband and I had special which was filet with lump crab and veggies. Cooked perfect! Family member had pot roast that he said was really good. Heard the upstairs outside deck was cool but it was windy and chilly out so we didn't venture up. Heard the bathrooms were interesting up there but not in a bad way. Service was really good. Wish I remembered our waitresses name.