“Family loved it!”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Wisconsin
“Family loved it!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My mother, 3 children, and I took the S.S. Badger from Manitowoc to Ludington (without a vehicle) during the weekend of October 11-13. I was slightly apprehensive traveling without a car, but the Holiday Inn shuttle was waiting for us when we stepped off the ship. When we checked into the hotel, we realized that our room was a handicapped room, which meant no bathtub, and a smaller bunk-bed area for the kids. There were also a few items that had been left behind in the refrigerator (and expired). Not a huge deal, but enough to prompt a phone call to the front desk. The front desk staff was very accommodating, and Sanjay quickly came down with keys to a new room across the hall and helped us move our things to the new room. This room was immaculate, with a large tub and shower, a bigger bunk area, and more conducive room layout (for our situation). In addition, we were given a few extra amenities as an apology for our inconvenience. Not necessary, but very much appreciated. This was the only glitch of the whole weekend. Breakfast was delicious, my kids practically lived in the pool (which was very spacious, as was the hot tub), and the front desk was able to provide us with the phone number for Dial-A-Ride, which took us to the downtown area (and back, later in the day) for a minimal fee. The last night of our stay, my daughter was not feeling well and didn't want to share a bed, so I called to the front desk to inquiry about a rollaway bed. One was brought up almost immediately, and I was very surprised to see that there was not a charge for the bed on the bill in the morning. The entire staff was very accommodating and took great care of us. Upon arriving back in Manitowoc, my mother realized that she had forgotten her iPad in the hotel room. We immediately called the hotel and were told that the housekeeper had found the iPad and it was safely stored in the office. I can't tell you how relieved we were! We can't wait to stay here again. My kids can't wait to go back and swim again. Awesome hotel! Thank you, Holiday Inn Express, for having honest, helpful employees. Excellent hospitality!

Room Tip: The family rooms with bunk beds are great! The kids love having their own "space" and the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Monica0212, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hello Kate L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed many of the hotels amenities. Sanjay is a wonderful member of our team, and I have passed along your comments to him. I have also shared your comments with our housekeeping team. Guests accidently leave things behind quite often and our housekeeping staff does a wonderful job taking care of these items for our guests. We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you make the trip from Wisconsin to Michigan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The staff was so awesome, I was a nervous wreck trying to prepare for an important life changing experience in my life - relocation - new job! I slept like a baby - great breakfast - what more can I say - this is an awesome town - great family vacation area - and now I will be proud to call it home - thanks to the staff at the hotel to make me "top notch and ready" for my interview -

Room Tip: Best choice you will make in Ludington - staff friendly and smiling always! :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cyndi F
Hello Cyndi F,
Thank you for you wonderful comments! Relocating is a huge life changing event and I am so glad we were able to take some of that stress off of you. Ludington is a wonderful town full of wonderful people. Let us be the first to say WELCOME TO LUDINGTON!
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our family has been traveling to Ludington every year for over 10 years and have stayed here for probably the last 7. We have stayed in many very high end hotels and this Holiday Inn is still by far our favorite. The staff really makes all the difference here. The ratings on this site speaks volumes of the quality of this hotel, there are not a lot of hotels with the number of reviews that still maintain such a high rating.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Gregjg
Hello Gregjg,
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. There is no better compliment then having a guest return time and time again! We try hard to make our guests feel like this is their home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again next year and for many years to come!
FORT WALTON BEACH FL.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Just had a 5 night visit to Ludington Michigan and the Holiday Inn Express and once again was pleased with every aspect of this property. Staff friendly and helpful over and above the norm. Breakfast bar was very good and had a variety of selections. Excellent rating!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor rear are convenient to parking and quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jason B, Assistant Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
I am overjoyed to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you so much for your review. Our entire staff loves hearing that our guests had a great time while they were here. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Highland, Indiana
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Really, I would rate this hotel between 3 and 4. not great, but pretty good.

The property is middle aged, but clean. the décor is standard chain hotel, but nice enough.

The room was average size with 2 queen beds. The beds were quite comfortable. Firm mattress, many pillows, and nice clean sheets.

The bathroom was kind of small, but quite functional and very clean. The sink is outside the bathroom which is a good idea when travelling as a couple. The exhaust fan was very noisy, though, and this was kind of annoying when using the bathroom. There was good lighting above the sink.

There were plenty of lights especially near the bed, but there were very few outlets. I have learned to bring along a power strip since I have many items to charge up.

The TV was large and there were a large number of channels to choose from.

The fitness room was the best of any hotel we stayed at all week.

It was raining and very humid when we arrived and the room had a slightly musty smell when we first entered. Then I found that the air conditioner would only run intermittently. After several calls to the front desk, I was informed that since it was cool outside, the air conditioner would only run for a short time. Eventually, the humidity dropped, but it was never to the level I find comfortable.

The hotel had fresh cookies each evening. a nice perk

The breakfast was the best thing about the hotel. Good variety and good tasting food.

The service was also excellent. From check in to check out, the staff was very helpful and polite.

overall, considering what I paid for the night, it was a very good value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Traverse City
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were in Ludington in late September, and stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast had a fair variety, but all of it was good. I also noticed that the staff I encountered during our stay were smiling and friendly. My only complaints were that the air conditioner was the traditional style that made "cold spots" in the room and that the bathroom was cramped. With this said, I would not hesitate to stay here again on my next trip to Ludington.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Northern_Possum
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Northern_Possum,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate tour nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the air conditioning. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Using a chain hotel in a small town is always a risk especially after tourist season. This hotel has a wonderful staff, great decor, and clean, clean rooms. The pool area is spa like with its cedar decor. Breakfast buffet is typical, but fresh. Cookies and coffee at 8 pm a great perk. Only negative is location is ? It is across from the fairgrounds and airport, but nothing else close except for a line of fast foods.

Room Tip: No restaurant on site
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Jason B, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Every year the hotel is being updated, and I am glad to see you liked all the updates, everything from the pool area to the rooms themselves. Thank you very much for choosing us to stay with, we hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ludington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Best Western Lakewinds
Best Western Lakewinds
#3 of 17 in Ludington

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!