My mother, 3 children, and I took the S.S. Badger from Manitowoc to Ludington (without a vehicle) during the weekend of October 11-13. I was slightly apprehensive traveling without a car, but the Holiday Inn shuttle was waiting for us when we stepped off the ship. When we checked into the hotel, we realized that our room was a handicapped room, which meant no bathtub, and a smaller bunk-bed area for the kids. There were also a few items that had been left behind in the refrigerator (and expired). Not a huge deal, but enough to prompt a phone call to the front desk. The front desk staff was very accommodating, and Sanjay quickly came down with keys to a new room across the hall and helped us move our things to the new room. This room was immaculate, with a large tub and shower, a bigger bunk area, and more conducive room layout (for our situation). In addition, we were given a few extra amenities as an apology for our inconvenience. Not necessary, but very much appreciated. This was the only glitch of the whole weekend. Breakfast was delicious, my kids practically lived in the pool (which was very spacious, as was the hot tub), and the front desk was able to provide us with the phone number for Dial-A-Ride, which took us to the downtown area (and back, later in the day) for a minimal fee. The last night of our stay, my daughter was not feeling well and didn't want to share a bed, so I called to the front desk to inquiry about a rollaway bed. One was brought up almost immediately, and I was very surprised to see that there was not a charge for the bed on the bill in the morning. The entire staff was very accommodating and took great care of us. Upon arriving back in Manitowoc, my mother realized that she had forgotten her iPad in the hotel room. We immediately called the hotel and were told that the housekeeper had found the iPad and it was safely stored in the office. I can't tell you how relieved we were! We can't wait to stay here again. My kids can't wait to go back and swim again. Awesome hotel! Thank you, Holiday Inn Express, for having honest, helpful employees. Excellent hospitality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FULLY RENOVATED and the perfect place for any traveler! The hotel is centrally located just minutes away from everything that Ludington has to offer. Relax in one of the 103 newly renovated rooms including Kids Suites. All rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. Take a swim in the luxurious indoor heated pool or relax in a large hot tub. Unwind and watch a movie on HBO. Families will enjoy playing on the spacious outdoor playground and have fun competing in the arcade room. Stop in the lobby for some hot from the oven cookies, freshly brewed coffee, and lemon-infused ice water every evening. Stay connected throughout the hotel with free wireless internet service. No need to leave the property to work out; the hotel offers a 24 hour fitness room to stay in shape while on the road. It's also dog friendly! With so many delicious choices the breakfast bar is the perfect start to your day. Someone is always at the front desk to greet you with a smile and provide exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ludington Hotel Ludington
- Holiday Inn Ludington
- Ludington Holiday Inn Express