“Litigation Support or Fun in The Polar Vortex”

The Lamplighter Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 11 Ludington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had the unfortunate experience of having to try a case in Mason county circuit court this past January during about 10 feet of daily snow, 60 mph straight line winds off the lake, -19 degrees...and this lovely b & b is only three blocks from the courthouse! They took great care of me and my associate, let us take over the parlor each night to work on trial prep, made sure we had food we liked, brushed off our cars endlessly, helped us heave our briefcases through snow banks...and made sure I had ice for my bourbon every day after court. Very, very comfy beds, fireplaces everywhere.....the best polar vortex business trip ever!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank genieb071065

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My fiancee and I stayed here over the weekend. All I can say was that it was perfect. Jane, Bill and Maggie were delightful. The house and rooms were splendid. I absolutely loved the breakfast by candlelight. The meal was prepared with great care and pride. It is not everyday you can go from a fast paced lifestyle and step back in to a time where life slows down, I am pleased to say that here you can. This place is wonderful and well worth every penny spent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I almost hate to detail all of the great care that Bill and Jane took of me while I was staying with them, as so much of it was personalized to my own needs and desires, I would expect that everyone's experience would be quite unique to them. But over the course of a couple of weeks, they helped me with a dead car battery, with my need for a humidifier in the room, an irritated stomach, a car wash, the need to get my laundry done, and more. This is all not to mention the delicious breakfast they gracefully placed before me every morning. I miss it all already.

Room Tip: I had the opportunity to stay in three different rooms in the course of my two visits, and each had...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank molierelover
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This was our second stay at the Lamplighter B&B and we were once again charmed and delighted. The breakfasts were excellent, and our hosts Jane & Bill went out of their way to make sure we were all comfortable. Great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had a wonderful experience with Jane and Bill (and Maggie!). Breakfast was great and the room was clean and well appointed. This was our first B&B experience in a long time and Lamplighter proved to be a great choice. I'd recommend it as the place to stay when you're in Lundinton.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cassatt room which is small but cozy for two.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We like to stay at Bed and Breakfast's, the "Lamplighter Inn" is the "Best" we've ever seen. Not only are the rooms and furnishings beautiful but the defining difference is the "Gourmet Breakfast". Inn Keepers Bill & Jane Carpenter start breakfast preparation at 4am. The table setting with antique china is magnificent, the attention to detail and serving the guests is way above and beyond the standard BnB. We highly recommend the Lamplighter Inn to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at the Lamplighter for two nights and had a wonderful time. Bill and Jane were great hosts, as was their dog Maggie, and were eager to help us find places to eat and different landmarks to see. We will be staying here the next time we are in Ludington!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludington
Ludington House Bed And Breakfast
#3 of 17 in Ludington
Nader's Motel & Suites
Nader's Motel & Suites
#7 of 17 in Ludington

Been to The Lamplighter Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!