“Wonderful Return Visit!”

The Lamplighter Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 11 Ludington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I visited the Lamplighter for the second time a few weeks ago and it really couldn't have been better. The rooms are quite comfortable, Bill and Jane and their dog Maggie are fantastic hosts, and the breakfast is amazing! We can't imagine staying anywhere else in Ludington!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I visited Ludington two weeks ago for the first time. I researched B&B in the area and found wonderful reviews about the Lamplighter. I absolutely love this place. The room was so comfortable and decorated beautifully. The best part of all was the breakfast which was spectacular. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband & I recently spent a weekend at the LampLighter Bed & Breakfast. The experience was wonderful & we are anxious to visit this B & B again. Jane & Bill were extremely accommodating-and made us feel like family. Maggie was an added delight. We were very comfortable in the honeymoon suite. The room as well as the entire house was beautifully furnished and comfortable. We enjoyed the back patio in the morning while sipping coffee. The breakfasts were FABULOUS and there was always plenty of food if you wanted a second serving. Bill served our breakfast & both Bill & Jane were delightful. Coffee, tea, soda and plenty of chocolate cookies were always available. We were able to relax and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We look forward to returning.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I were vacationing in Ludington for our 2 year anniversary. I researched all the different bed and breakfast's around the area and I'm glad that I chose this one. Jane and Bill were wonderful! Jane's breakfast's were so delicious, and her ingredients are local which is what I enjoyed. And Bill was wonderful and extremely kind and sweet by serving us and making sure we had plenty of coffee and had enough to eat. The house is absolutely beautiful! We stayed in the Cassatt Room and it was lovely, some might say it is little small, but that didn't matter to us at all. If we ever come back to Ludington, we would come back to stay with Jane, Bill, and Maggie (their Wheaton Terrier who is so sweet)!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had the unfortunate experience of having to try a case in Mason county circuit court this past January during about 10 feet of daily snow, 60 mph straight line winds off the lake, -19 degrees...and this lovely b & b is only three blocks from the courthouse! They took great care of me and my associate, let us take over the parlor each night to work on trial prep, made sure we had food we liked, brushed off our cars endlessly, helped us heave our briefcases through snow banks...and made sure I had ice for my bourbon every day after court. Very, very comfy beds, fireplaces everywhere.....the best polar vortex business trip ever!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank genieb071065
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My fiancee and I stayed here over the weekend. All I can say was that it was perfect. Jane, Bill and Maggie were delightful. The house and rooms were splendid. I absolutely loved the breakfast by candlelight. The meal was prepared with great care and pride. It is not everyday you can go from a fast paced lifestyle and step back in to a time where life slows down, I am pleased to say that here you can. This place is wonderful and well worth every penny spent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I almost hate to detail all of the great care that Bill and Jane took of me while I was staying with them, as so much of it was personalized to my own needs and desires, I would expect that everyone's experience would be quite unique to them. But over the course of a couple of weeks, they helped me with a dead car battery, with my need for a humidifier in the room, an irritated stomach, a car wash, the need to get my laundry done, and more. This is all not to mention the delicious breakfast they gracefully placed before me every morning. I miss it all already.

Room Tip: I had the opportunity to stay in three different rooms in the course of my two visits, and each had...