“Great Stay, Great Staff, Comfortable Rooms!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed recently at this location for Gus Macker, the people were great very friendly. Our room was a little outdated, but very clean and comfortable. It was almost half the price of the other hotels! Very pleased, will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CamRen L, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for America's Best Value Inn of Ludington. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room was clean, staff was nice. Was one of the cheaper hotels in town and that's what we got. Bed was OK, furniture in the room was cheap, continental breakfast below average, but OK for an extra cup of coffee and a banana. No frills.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
CamRen L, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about America's Best Value Inn. I'm glad to hear your room was clean and our team was friendly, these areas are very important to us and we love to hear our guest are happy. As the season progress we do try to add more variety to our breakfast. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at this motel two nights. The motel is a little tired, but clean and everything worked. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. The desk staff for days, evening, and overnight were all excellent and very helpful. The breakfast was adequate--nothing fancy. My only quibble was the price--almost $100 per night. At $60 it would have been a good value. A newer, nearby Best Western was advertising $55 rooms on their sign, but we already had reservations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dale D
CamRen L, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for America's Best Value Inn. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly people and comfortable accommodations. I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with the price, as we strive to provide the best rate in the area. I will be evaluating our pricing and making adjustments were needed. Thank you for bringing this concern to my attention! We hope you will come and see us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I booked two rooms more than a week in advance. We wanted the rooms on the ground floor and side by side.
The rooms were on the first floor as requested but on opposite sides of the motel. We had to drop luggage off on one side and then drive around to the other side. In the morning the rest of the family carried the luggage around as we were running late. The breakfast was good, but I would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We liked our room but when we went to shower in the morning the shower was broken, very obvious to housekeeping. Called the desk, they apologized and gave us a key to another room to shower in. Someone was occupying that room! They were not in it at the time, probably having breakfast. How embarrassing that would of been if they were there! They apologized again and gave us another room to shower in. When we went to check out I asked if they were going to make some adjustment on our bill. She apologized again and said the manager was out and didn't know when he would be back. (I guess there are no cell phones) She said she had no authorization. I left at that point, turned in our keys only to return realizing I had not been given a receipt. She then printed it and had me sign the authorization for my credit card. I guess if I hadn't returned I wouldn't have had to pay! What a catastrophe! This was our first time at Americas Best and will not return. There was incompetence all the way around. I did email Americas Best company and received a response telling me that my letter was forwarded to Ludington but I have not received any response from them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobkathyfree002
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We got a good deal on the hotel for labor day weekend. I would say though that it seemed that everyone stayed there was quite "interesting" looking to say the least and also loved to smoke. Our first room that we got put in was in the corner on the second floor, we were surrounded by smokers and the smoke filled the room and smelled brutal. I just stayed one night as we had a dog, making our places to stay limited. The room was okay though, fairly clean. The location isn't the best but what can you expect for that price? I'd recommend if everything else is booked near the shore or if you have a dog and don't mind lots of strange characters smoking on the balconies literally all day, then stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank justinbbfc
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The rooms wery clean and comfortable. The hotel itself was a little hard to find at night when we came in from the lake. The sign wasn't lit and the hotel is a little way off of the main road. The staff was very friendly and let us park our boat in the overflow lot. There is a small amusement park right next to the hotel that has go-carts, a driving range, and a mini golf course from what I saw. I did not get a chance to try the breakfast in the morning since we were off to the lake before 5am. One minor inconvinience was trying to check out at 4:30am. The front office was locked, and it took a few minutes before one of the staff memebers saw us to check us out.

The location isn't too far from from downtown Ludington, which does have a lot of thing to do during the summer.

I would stay here again next time I go through Ludington. The price was very reasonable, and overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to access the second flor balcony from what I saw. If you have a lot or heavy...