“please stay away from this hotel!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Detroit, Michigan
“please stay away from this hotel!!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The General manager is very rude! And be careful when you check out, ask them to check the room in front of your face, other wise they will do the extra charge for some ridicules damages ( maybe not existing at all) . the facility is old and over priced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CamRen L, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm very sorry that I may have come off as rude, I had a very hard time understanding you. All I know is that you stayed at our property and when you left the room had severe damage to the walls that we had to repair. I did charge you a minimal $50 fee for the damages. Again, I'm very sorry your experience was not what I hope for all my guests. I did see you returned the following week, I'm glad you decided to give us another try. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Suffolk
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were passing through Ludington and needed a place to sleep. It wasn't bad for a quick one night stay. No refrigerator, microwave, or hair dryer. They did have clean beds and a coffee maker. Easy to find and close to restaurants and stores.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 1kellydb
CamRen L, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Ludington location. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Just so you are aware we are in the process of updating our rooms with all new bedding and drapes. We also do have rooms with fridges and microwaves on property you just need to request that room type. We do have hair dryers in all our rooms, free Wi-Fi, and continental breakfast. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Travellers are raving about these Ludington hotels

Michigan
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed recently at this location for Gus Macker, the people were great very friendly. Our room was a little outdated, but very clean and comfortable. It was almost half the price of the other hotels! Very pleased, will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CamRen L, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for America's Best Value Inn of Ludington. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next visit.
Portland, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room was clean, staff was nice. Was one of the cheaper hotels in town and that's what we got. Bed was OK, furniture in the room was cheap, continental breakfast below average, but OK for an extra cup of coffee and a banana. No frills.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M
CamRen L, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about America's Best Value Inn. I'm glad to hear your room was clean and our team was friendly, these areas are very important to us and we love to hear our guest are happy. As the season progress we do try to add more variety to our breakfast. We look forward to your next visit!
DeWitt, Michigan
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at this motel two nights. The motel is a little tired, but clean and everything worked. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. The desk staff for days, evening, and overnight were all excellent and very helpful. The breakfast was adequate--nothing fancy. My only quibble was the price--almost $100 per night. At $60 it would have been a good value. A newer, nearby Best Western was advertising $55 rooms on their sign, but we already had reservations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dale D
CamRen L, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for America's Best Value Inn. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly people and comfortable accommodations. I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with the price, as we strive to provide the best rate in the area. I will be evaluating our pricing and making adjustments were needed. Thank you for bringing this concern to my attention! We hope you will come and see us again in the future.
Iola, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I booked two rooms more than a week in advance. We wanted the rooms on the ground floor and side by side.
The rooms were on the first floor as requested but on opposite sides of the motel. We had to drop luggage off on one side and then drive around to the other side. In the morning the rest of the family carried the luggage around as we were running late. The breakfast was good, but I would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Indiana
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We liked our room but when we went to shower in the morning the shower was broken, very obvious to housekeeping. Called the desk, they apologized and gave us a key to another room to shower in. Someone was occupying that room! They were not in it at the time, probably having breakfast. How embarrassing that would of been if they were there! They apologized again and gave us another room to shower in. When we went to check out I asked if they were going to make some adjustment on our bill. She apologized again and said the manager was out and didn't know when he would be back. (I guess there are no cell phones) She said she had no authorization. I left at that point, turned in our keys only to return realizing I had not been given a receipt. She then printed it and had me sign the authorization for my credit card. I guess if I hadn't returned I wouldn't have had to pay! What a catastrophe! This was our first time at Americas Best and will not return. There was incompetence all the way around. I did email Americas Best company and received a response telling me that my letter was forwarded to Ludington but I have not received any response from them.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple