“jail would be an upgrade”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super Motel

Super Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Luna Pier
Toledo, Ohio
“jail would be an upgrade”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

do not and i can not say this clearer do not stay here it is the worst hotel ever stayed at i would not stay here even if it was free. the screen on the window had a hole in it. the fridge was very dirty and had some mold or something in the bottom of it. the bed has some kind of sex stain on the sheets and hair on the pillows. hallways was covered in dirt looks like they dont own a vaccum . the door on the dresser was broke.many and i say many problems with this place the owner and employees should be ashamed of the condition of this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 299dan_12321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tigard, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Traveled to the Luna Pier area for a family vacation. We had booked the room based on my parent's previous visit two years ago. My, things have changed for the worse!

Drove quite a distance and was looking forward to the pool to relax. Unfortunately, as we were checking in, I noticed the pool was closed, as described in a previous review. Not a good way to start our stay.

Didn't have that many problems with check in. My brother and my family had adjoining rooms. When entering the room, a musty, old smoky smell hit me. In my family's room, the cleaner was still in the bathroom. I sure wish someone would have actually used it. There was quite a bit of hair, obviously not ours, in the bathtub drain. There were no toiletries, either. The manager did give us quite a few when we came back from dinner. At least 2/3 of the stations on the television were accompanied with static, making them unwatchable.

My brother had requested two queens; he was given a king. In my brother's room, there was a huge stain on the floor. He had the same noise problem with his television. To top it off, there was a single contact lens on the bathroom floor, again illustrating the lack of cleanliness.

As stated in a previous review, it is a shame that this establishment is connected to the Super 8 name. There was nothing super about this hotel. In fact, I cancelled our reservation at a Super 8 for the next evening because of the experience at this hotel. It is in a nice location within walking distance to what looked like a nice beach. With proper maintenance, it could be a nice hotel. The only reason I gave it a one was because of the price and location. Sometimes a bargain is not a bargain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Luna Pier hotels

Rochelle, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I left my daughter's class ring, a name plate ring , and her Military ring, in the room. Called to ask if they found it and they said NO. I know it was left there, but the man told me they had rented it out and the next people took them because they hadn't cleaned the room yet> well don't you think they would make the bed before selling the room again? They need to make the people who cleaned the room turn every thing left in the rooms in to lost and found. I'm praying someone there will have the Heart to return them. We were at a Marines Funeral and my daughter couldn't wear the rings. My name is Robbie Nava 815-561-1800 if anyone has found them please return them to me... they mean so much to my daughter especially the Marines ring.They have her name on them Talina Nava. Thank you...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robbienava
Delaware, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Where to start.... The only thing good about this hotel was a guy named Chris the other couple on staff was rude mean and about made me call the cops. Dirty rooms poop stains in toilet that were not my own. Carpet looked like never been vacuumed. Pool was very small but was closed due to failed inspection from department of health according to staff. I was upgraded to a jacuzzi suite but I assure you nothing suite about it. I never felt so unsafe in my life with my 8 year old daughter. Geocaching trip ruined.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

It all must be the result of poor traffic and the downward spiral that ensues. I am assuming that the man who checked me in was the proprietor. I travel allot and this simple process took 10 minutes instead of 2 or 3. Got my key card and headed to the room.

Booked a king and the bed in the room was a queen. The room was obviously once a two bed room and so the better part of 2/3rds was open empty carpet. Newer carpet but the room looked to be "half done".

Checked in at 5:00 pm and there were housekeeping carts in the hall. Pretty late for that activity. There was a dolly left in the stairway, pool was closed and the internet was down to one of five bars and therefore useless.

The bathroom. Clean towels, dead bug on the floor behind the commode and probably the worst part was the shower curtain. Looked like "snot" on the inside and definitely mold on the outside where it rests on the inside of the tub.

There was a very limited breakfast in the common room but it wasn't mentioned when I checked in.

I could go on a bit more but $50.00 plus tax was too much for this place. I will send this to the hotel directly, but I think this place is doomed to failure and the reason is "location, location and of coarse location. This is an exit that is generally driven by rather than used.

There is a good breakfast place next door.

Room Tip: Price, quality, delivery, pick two!