“Great Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grand Hotel Luncheon Buffet

The Grand Hotel Luncheon Buffet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, Illinois
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at the Grand Hotel today. It was a little pricey but well worth it. The food was good and the desserts were excellent! We had good service and the view was wonderful. If you come all this way, it's worth the expense for the experience.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Don't waste your money, just pay the $10 to see the hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I saw the reviews on trip advisor and wanted to give the buffet a shot. Boy was I disappointed!!! We arrived early and were seated by the windows. The view was great but I felt like we were being rushed the entire meal. The food was nothing more than adequate at best and the service was terrible. My waiter, Shaven grabbed my plate twice before I was finished and I had to stop him. He could have asked if I was finished before grabbing the plate in front of me. It was rude! My husband never received a refill on his iced tea the entire time and we definitely didn't get a refill on coffee. At one point we were without utensils and had to flag down another waiter, which was awkward. My parents are traveling to Mackinac in July and I recommend that they pay the $10 fee to view the hotel but to bypass the luncheon. If you decide on the buffet, I hope you receive better service than we did. Maybe the tip shouldn't be included in the meal, you might receive better service.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank MChamblee
“Give this a miss !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We wanted to check out the hotel, and thought this would be a neat adventure. Boy, were we wrong. The hotel itself is magnificent. Truly awesome. But don't bother with the buffet. Too many screaming school kids and their harried parents. The buffet line itself was TOTALLY unorganized. The full sized plates were in the middle of the line, not at the beginning of the buffet lines. People were not guided in where to start the buffet, so there were lines of people moving in both directions on either side of the buffet tables. Service was decent, but very hit or miss. Getting refills on coffee and soft drinks was non existent. The service staff was primarily foreign, and there was quite a language barrier problem at times. The food itself was mediocre at best. I would definitely never go back. We did not eat at any other time nor in any other restaurant at the hotel, so perhaps those would be better. But definitely skip the buffet, especially at almost $40 a person.

4 Thank Catlover4884
michigan
“Grand Luncheon is truly Grand!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you are on the island and not staying at this National treasure, do yourself a favor and do the luncheon. You will not be disappointed. I have done this luncheon several times while visiting for a day or staying at the Grand for the weekend. Food is fantastic and the service is wonderful.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank MichiganBmorrison
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“This is a must do and no brainer when visiting the Grand Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

There is a charge to just walk through the Grand and see its history and beautiful decor. So of course if you apply the fee towards the Luncheon Buffet its a practical luncheon! Went with friends to visit the island and we found the food great. There are lots of others who do the same but their "crowd" control abilities at the Grand are as good as Disneyworld--- you are never too overwhelmed. The courses for lunch were great and food plentiful ----We were seated quickly--staff very friendly. Of couse AFTER lunch is the time to go then stroll the beautiful outside verandah sit in a rocker and order an adult beverage while taking in that beautiful view high up on Mackinac Island…It was a trip I am glad I made!

Visited September 2013