“Best at BayView”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Bay View of Mackinac Bed & Breakfast
Lansing, Michigan
“Best at BayView”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2007

My trips to Mackinac Island have been highlighted by stays at the Bay View at Mackinac. Over the years, there have been improvements that continue even now.

Rennovations from a tourist home (bathrooms down the hallway) to this finely decorated and appointed Victoria Inn on the shores of Lake Huron where it meets Lake Michigan, have annually impressed this traveler.

Breakfast has also improved over the years from great cinnamon rolls and wonderful coffee to a seated multi-course breakfast with the added benefit of afternoon snack and evening desserts.

Mackinac Island is a different place when the day tourists (called 'fudgies') go home. Peaceful and quiet with the clopping of horse hooves in a lovely setting. I go back as often as I can.

• Liked — Location and accommodations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank CherCher01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
fcape
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2007

We loved our stay at the Bay View. It is just on the edge of the shopping district so not as crowded and noisy as others we walked by. The breakfast, cookies and deserts were superb. The staff was a real pleasure to listen to as they thoroughly enjoyed working there and added so much character to our stay. The room was very nice and well kept.

• Liked — Relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fcape
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2007

We stayed two nights at the Bayview last weekend and just want to give a heads up to how TINY our room was. We stayed in room 202; probably about a 10 x 10 room which included the small shower/toilet room. (The door to this which could not be opened all the way because the bed was in the way.......) We had to squeeze around each other or one of us had to lie on the bed so we could move around the room! Cozy, but not for this price! When I complained about how tiny the room was, I was told there were rooms even smaller than ours! We paid almost $600 for the two nights; it was WAY WAY WAY overpriced for the experience of breakfast, a cookie and dessert in the evening. Our son and his wife stayed at the Main Street hotel and couldn't stop raving about it...same price but many extras and roomy. We will not return to Bayview, there are too many other places for better bang for the buck.......

• Liked — my husband was there
  • Disliked — Room size and cost
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leoladie
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed The Bayview and Mackinac Island. It was a first time trip for us. We went with friends that go there at least once a year. The Bayview has small rooms and most require climbing stairs. We were lucky to get a first floor room. The view wasn't good but it was a lot easier on my hips and knees! We did climb to go to the outside porch near the top of the building. The view there is amazing. Mackinac is known for its fudge and I ate plenty of it....warm, right off the table. Delicious!! Our best meal was at a little pub whose specialty is pot roast. They are very generous with the meat......I would rather have less meat and more of the veggies and will ask for that on our next trip.

• Liked — view from the top (right on the water), great food
  • Disliked — small room and bath
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
MILLINGTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2007

We were at the Bayview last week, probably the same time as the gentleman who smelled the chocolate cake. ha Our visit was just wonderful and I could not recommend it highly enough. We already knew that some rooms were very small so we decided to get a balcony room and it was quite large. The room, and balcony, were exceptional as was the food. Rose, Paddy, Wendy and all the others were like family by the time we left. I wish I knew how to post pictures so that you all could see the view from our room. We are already thinking of when we might go back again. For anyone planning a visit, you could not go wrong by booking rooms 207 or 208, I promise!

Oh yes, we went for the lilacs, which were a tad past their peak but the ones next to the Bayview had such a wonderful fragrance that we could smell them from our balcony.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank R&MRich
Citrus Hills
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2007

We usually spend several nights a year on Mackinac Island. Since we live in Florida, it is quite a trip since it is between the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan. Well, we just got back home today and I would like to share my review of this place. Last year we stopped in to see what the accommodations were like. We were shown quite a large room with all the expected amenities. Based on this, we made reservations for this summer.
We were to have a regular room with a partial view of the water. Upon arriving we were given the key to the MOST MINISCUAL room that I have EVER seen. My husband and I had to SQUEEZE between the bed and TV cabinet to get to the bathroom which actually had NO bathtub!!! There were 2 small chairs and a dinky table. There was NO closet and NO place to put ANY clothes. We HAD to live out of our suit cases. We paid $265 a night , and this is what we got... And for a week! We stayed in the room as little as possible. The TV was even in miniature. I'm SO disappointed. We waited for this ALL year and this is what we got. I even cried. There are SO many beautiful places to stay on the island , don't even give this ANY consideration. My suggestions would be the Chippewa, the Iroquois, The Island House, or Stonecliff, for a remote destination. Whatever you do, don't go to the Bay view. What a waste of time and money. They didn't even have any ice available during a 90 degree heat spell. I also met a pleasant gentleman and his wife who had reserved the executive suite and the reservations were made mistakenly for the month of July! They were forced into a room just like ours. HORRIBLE experience. Should NOT be open for business.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — Postage Stamp sized room, cost, NO ice during heat wave, VERY unfriendly check inn staff
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank susieloveslilas
Okemos, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2007

Just spent a weekend at the BayView for our anniversary. What a wonderful experience! The staff was great! I couldn't do the food justice if I tried, so I will just say one thing...walking in on Friday and smelling the chocolate cake baking for dessert that night sold me right there. I will definitely be back and have told all of my friends about our experience. Great location, beautiful rooms and friendly helpful staff...couldn't ask for anything more.

• Liked — Location and food.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple