“Don't look anywhere else!”
Review of Haan's 1830 Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Haan's 1830 Inn
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Booked last minute based on rate but we got so much more! We were a couple visiting the island for a wedding and received such wonderful service and hospitality from the Haan's! Very friendly and accommodating... what a fantastic place and spacious rooms! They are located just a short walk to the downtown area where the main attractions of Mackinac are located. Do not bother paying 3x as much at the other b&b's in town! The Haan's have everything you need! We will definitely be back for our next trip to Mackinac Island! THANK YOU!

5  Thank PurpleCity22

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I've stayed a lot places on the island. We really enjoyed the Inn - location, great food, and great for families. Great staff. Very clean. Love the porches! Close to all attractions. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank daverino2525
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing value with friendly hosts, cozy rooms and delicious breakfast. The host, Maura, went out of her way to ensure my wife and I had a romantic stress free visit to the island. She made timely calls to ensure we had reservations and VIP treatment for private carriage ride and restaurant along with other invaluable recommendations toward a pleasant visit. The location is close to town and shore for convenience, but far enough away for quiet and affordability. Room was comfortable with beautiful antiques. Food was yummy and served with true B&B fashion. Food was not too much or too light, but just right (unless you cannot resist seconds like me). :-p
Definitely recommend for affordable true B&B experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jpbelloh
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I concluded our camping/vacation to the UP of Michigan with a day and a half on Mackinaw Island. My wife was always caught up in the Movie Somewhere in Time. This was the perfect place for her to relive that movie. The decor of the rooms where of the period of the movie. The couple that ran the inn were more than happy to answer any question about what to do on the island. We rode the buggy to and from the Grand Hotel for dinner. I fell asleep and awoke to the clip clop of horse drawn carriages. I felt as though i was living in another time and place.The breakfasts at Haan's are wonderful. Overall the perfect end of a all around great vacation. Although don't use google to try to find your way on the island. Being a typical guy I pulled out my Iphone to find the 1830"s Inn and it lead us the wrong direction up a hill. My wife called the Inn and we were met with 2 glasses of ice cold water at the door. YES we will stay there again!

2  Thank Ohioborn57
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for our 10yr anniversay and spent two nights. Everything from the moment we arrived to the time we left was fantastic! Beautiful room/house, amazing breakfast and Maura and Nick are the most wonderful people. They were so warm and welcoming and made us feel like family. We have decided to come back not just for anniversaries but every year. They definitely made our trip memorable and cherished. We were sad to go. The price is perfect as is the experience!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bobbie N
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this B&B for our honeymoon and we couldn't have been more satisfied. The dutch couple that runs the place is SUPER nice and friendly. Even though the breakfast seats were all taken they encouraged you to grab a cup of coffee and found you a seat until a table spot cleared.

The owners are very conversational, it isn't too far of a walk from the ferry drop off points, and the rooms are very original. There are no TV's in the whole place so if you are the kind of people that like late night tube, don't bother. They do have Wifi that was spotty but we didn't care because we never were in the room.

I can't really speak on the prices compared to other B&B's on the island but I can say that it was very affordable for a couple that just emptied their savings on a wedding.

Even though check out was at 11 they let us leave our bags in the parlor until we were ready to leave. I will come back again and recommend them to others.

5  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I and my wife stayed at the Beaumont suite at the Haan's for the night of 4th of July. The room was wonderful, truly colonial in style and took us back to a whole different era (on top of all the horse carriages and old buildings in Mackinac Island). I selected this place because it was good, inexpensive, and a decent distance away from the hustle and bustle of all the bars in the downtown area. The room was very well furnished and decorated - the bathroom was excellent and since we were only 2, we did not even need the adjoining bedroom. Private bathrooms was the only reason we decided to go with the larger room. The garden around the house is great. lots of colorful flowers, there are many sitting areas around to chill and enjoy the great weather.

The host Nick was great - he made us feel at home, gave us some interesting tips and tricks for mackinac (off the beaten path type of activities) and we really enjoyed the one night we stayed there. We are sure to be going back there - and also recommending to any friends and relatives that may go to Mackinac.

Room Tip: Turn off the exterior lights if you light disturbs you!