“LoL...you know it's sorta-lame going in...but”

The Haunted Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a very fun Haunted House. It's all about laughing and screaming. If you don't know how to laugh and scream and have fun, you will not like this attraction...... Don't waste your time or money. It is definitely very "old school". The idea for the Haunted House was based on Indian Legends from the past. Artist friend Dale Kuipers hand crafted and artistically created the finer displays. Everything was made from scratch........all the art work.....all the mechanics.....everything.. I realize that there are several displays that should be totally pitched, but I have a hard time convincing the owner to do that. He is very very "old school" I know it needs to be updated. Back in the 1890's this location housed a Rollar Rink, which is hard to imagine. Then it was a family theatre........then a movie theatre.........then in the early 1970's Frank Nephew and Robert Benser purchased the building. In 1974 they leased the building to Welden Blum and Joe Feuquay. Welden Blum is still today the owner of The Haunted Theatre. Dale Kuipers was the artistic talent........Welden was the Engineer..........Joe was the Businessman. Others involved with their creative talents were Rick Beeman and Sheldon Bennet. This location, many many moons ago must have been part of Indian History, perhaps even a burial ground.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

If you just want to have fun screaming at things you know are going to make you jump beforehand then you'll have some laughs with your friends in this very short maze of a haunted house/theater. But don't expect to be actually scared and blown away with special effects. Not that kind of haunted house

1  Thank 2TheMoonAndBack

Reviewed 4 September 2013

cute little haunted house. Best for the younger set say 11-under. lasted maybe 10 minutes. But overall not worth the price.

2  Thank martins705
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hype is scarier than the experience..but i do it every year with my brave boys ...and we all scream anyway...especially when attacked by Nordic deer Monster..Traumatic for children..just buying the ticket freaks them out..

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our family had a hoot with this one! 1 teenager, 2 adults, 1 pre-teen. The staff/spooky people were great- breathing in our ear and everything. Haven't shrieked or laughed so hard in a long time.

1  Thank TeaLi
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was hesitant to go in, but my niece and nephew begged me. They claim to tailor the experience to the age group, so I requested the toddler version. The worker said oh no, you are old enough to handle the full experience. Believe me, he didn't hold back! The exhibits in and of themselves were not scary, but the darkness and anticipation of someone jumping out at us was. It definitely raised my heart rate. Afterward, a worker told us that we had the best screams of the day. My niece and nephew thoroughly enjoyed it and I must admit that so did I.

1  Thank PigwithAdjectives