We stayed here for a wedding Sept 13-15, 2013. The rest of the wedding stayed at the Inn at Stonecliffe, but we chose Sunset Condos due to the HUGE price difference. We were very happy we did! First, we were SO CLOSE to the Inn at Stonecliffe, literally as close as everyone else staying there. We just had a patio room, which worked out great. We were in the Applewood building and had a gorgeous view of the water.
- Location near Inn at Stonecliffe.
- View from our room (we did catch the sunset one day and it was spectacular),
- There was a fridge, coffee pot and microwave in our room. We had brought stuff for breakfast.
- Very easy getting on the ferry boat with luggage. Check it at the dock, get it at check-in.
- Room very clean.
- Besides the bathroom, the rooms were awesome. The bathroom could use a little updating - just simply fixing the really cracked door trim would make a huge difference! This wouldn't stop me from staying here again, but it was simply a touch of detail that drove me crazy!
- The distance to town is a 40 minute horse taxi ride. 6.75/person one way. The location is perfect for the wedding we attended, but it is in a remote location. Perfect for those that want to get away from the busy town area. We did not bring our bikes, but I would recommend bikes if it is feasible. We had a 6 and 3 year old with us, and it would have been a little far for the 6 year old to ride up the hill and down each time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Condominiums sit secluded on the west end of the Island at Stonecliffe, in a beautiful wooded area with some views of Lake Huron. Enjoy the outdoor grills & picnic areas, full kitchens, fireplaces, balconies, shuttle to and from the downtown area, free WIFI, nearby golf courses and restaurants and more! Sunset Condos are perfect for any size group - whether it's family, friends, wedding groups, or reunions. Each condo is individually owned and decorated. ... more less