“Fabulous Location, Delicious Lunch!”
Review of J L Beanery

J L Beanery
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A coffee shop located in the harbor offering freshly made muffins, scones, bagels. Coffee drinks, fresh fruit smoothies, and teas are available.
Mackinac Island, Michigan
“Fabulous Location, Delicious Lunch!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My friend and I work on the island and came here for lunch after hearing great reviews about it. This charming little coffee shop is located directly on the water, right next to the island marina. There are a few tables that face the water, so we snagged one. There's nowhere else on the island that you can eat so close to the water! I ordered the chicken salad sandwich on cranberry walnut bread and a peach smoothie, and both were pretty good. My friend ordered the toasted club sandwich and gave me a bite (or two bites...), and it was absolutely delicious. Next time I visit I will definitely order that. Both sandwiches came with yummy chips that were slices of fruits and vegetables. I think I'm going back tomorrow!

2 Thank Sarah S

“Great little cafe with great harbor view!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

This little coffee/sandwich shop is a nice alternative to the hustle and bustle on Main St. The location is right on the harbor. We enjoyed a few sandwiches, a salad, a smoothie and a latte. Our entire party was very happy! We've been coming to Mackinac for years and will add this cafe to our list of regular places to visit.

2 Thank Superbowl-lions
Westville, Indiana
“What a Great find”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just happened along on this place. What a great find ! We had breakfast every morning there. Coffee and eggs/danish. Its not very big, Has tables and chairs inside and outside. The people working there keep busy, are super nice and very helpful. I must say we looked forward to going every day. It is very small townplace, but oh so much better than starbucks. I highly rrecommend !

1 Thank Bucket1910
“Worth visit every time!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Love the cappuccino and cranberry walnut bread. Overall service is very good. one girl mixed up my drink. but they were very apologelic. Yummy food and great view!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Floatingbakery
Cleveland, Ohio
“Perfect lunch spot!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My brother and his wife recommended this wonderful little restaurant for lunch the day before we were all leaving the island. He had and his wife had their morning coffee there each morning while staying across the way at a B&B. My family and I were staying at the Chippewa close by so it wasn't a far walk to the Beanery. Wonderful location and a beautiful view from the indoor seating area. The restaurant was meticulously kept, the food was freshly prepared and delicious and the service was outstanding! A wonderful change from the usual fare offered at many of the local restaurants. We even had an opportunity to speak to the owner who served us and she was a delight.

• Visited July 2013