The Grand Hotel is a beautiful property, and takes you back in time to a more elegant era. We found everything to be charming at this hotel. We had afternoon tea, which is not included in the rate for staying at the hotel, but it is well worth the extra charge. The porch is comfortable and inviting for reading, or just sitting to enjoy the view. The tour of the gardens was beautiful and informative. The rooms are lovely, and we were fortunate to get one with a view of the water. The food and service in the restaurant were very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island