I stayed at the Grand Hotel as part of a women's retreat. My group had 3 rooms, We sent all the registrations together so were received the same time. The other 2 rooms had lake views, one of the rooms had a balcony. My room was an interior room that had a view of the roof. The room was very pretty and clean. The TV was a small flatscreen sitting on a table in the corner of the room.
The sight of the hotel as you are walking up the hill toward it is really magnificent. The view from the porch is beautiful. The inside just didn't WOW me. It's nice enough, but I expected GRAND. It just didn't live up to my expectations of elegance.
My only complaint would be that they don't hire locals in the dining room. Our waiters were from Jamaica and Philippines. Their English was very hard to understand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island