Grand Hotel
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
US$148
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
  • Spa
Chippewa Hotel Waterfront(Mackinac Island)
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Pool
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
The Inn at Stonecliffe(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
2,759 results
All reviewscupola barcourse dinnerno tippingthe main dining roomjockey clubgrand experiencebucket listlongest porchhigh teaonce in a lifetimedress codecoat and tiecelebrate michiganpecan balllunch buffetcruise shipterrace room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have again returned to this truly great hotel. the spring weather is great and the hotel staff is eager to serve and glad to see returning friends.
This is a hotel that should be enjoyed on more than one trip. It is truly history in the making.
Take the time to explore all the hotel and all the island has to offer.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Photos and the website are not able to do justice to the atmosphere, spectacular views, and truely special feel to this hotel. The staff are helpful, courteous, cheerful and precise. The decor is from another time and when experienced feels very different from the looking at pictures. My husband and I did not know quite what to expect. Highlights of the trip included a wonderful lunch at the pool bar, playing croquet on the lawn, tea in the salon complete with harp music, sunning on the porch, and meals in the beautiful dining room. Our room was exquisite with comfortable chairs, flowered accents and a spectacular view. There is a dress code after 6:30pm which adds to the tone. This seems to be a popular place for large family events like anniversaries etc. One should be prepared for a great number of children at this venue. For the most part this is not a problem. The children are well occupied with games and outdoor play. They are a charming addition to dinner with both the boys and girls dressed in their best clothes and using thier best manners. However, we were disappointed that children were allowed in the Terrace lounge which features a live band and is a wonderful space for dancing. There were a sizable number of adults, including us, who came to dance only to have the floor taken over by a number of twirling and jumping children encouraged by adoring parents and grandparents. This happened both nights but was much worse the second evening. Since dancing does not start until after 9:30pm it was unexpected to have children at this venue. At times any kind of adult dancing became almost impossible due to this behavior. I hope that the hotel reconsiders and makes this an adult only space. We did manage to dance in spite of the disruption and will likely return for the ballroom dance weekend. All of the music at the hotel is wonderful, adding to the atmosphere of quiet gentility. I hope everyone has an opportunity to step back in time through visiting this wonderful hotel. This is one place that is truely worth the price.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel have spectacular vies.
2  Thank PAMChicago_IL
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Everybody should do the Grand at least once in their lives. Put it on your bucket list. We just returned from a weekend stay and I miss it already. Every staff person that we encountered was friendly and polite. Sure it costs, but there is no tipping. The breakfasts and dinners are wonderful. Anything you need is brought to your room. Our balcony overlooked the town with the Mackinac bridge on our right. Your luggage will be hauled from the dock and brought to your room while you walk or take a $4.75 taxi (horsedrawn of course) up the hill to the hotel. Use the $5 vallet service with the Arnold line ferry and your car and luggage will be waiting when you get off the return boat. Ferry costs keep rising and I was surprised to find regular adult fares at $24 for a round trip. It certainly makes family day trips to the island a fairly pricey excursion.

Room Tip: I know 342 is a large king bed room with a great view.
3  Thank javo
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We were at the Grand Hotel Mackinac Island for Mothers day weekend.
The room was large, as it fit four of us. It was adequate and clean.
We did not make it to the welcome reception as our bags did not make it to our room until 5:30-6:00. I was a little upset at that. The next night they had another reception but there was nothing on the "what is going on today" at the Grand, paperwork. Had I know I would have made my boys move a little quicker so I could have tried some of the house wine.
It was beautifully decorated, they cater to your every need. My son has a peanut allergy and they were very kind to help us decipher the menu each night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa-OH
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This was our second stay at Grand Hotel in less than 8 months. My wife & I adore everything about the atmosphere / culture at this facility, but two things really stood out on this visit:

The wine sommelier - Adam Leemon. We spent less than 30 seconds describing the typical wines we like, and Adam made a recommendation that ended up as "perfection". Please check him out at http://www.adamthewineguy.com/.

The hotel carriage ride drivers - Shelby & Jeff. Both extremely knowledgeable about the horse breeds on the island and the history of the hotel. Friendly, professional & courteous...

We're looking forward to our next stay!

4  Thank clintsy