Grand Hotel
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$187
  • Pool
The Inn at Stonecliffe(Mackinac Island)
US$267
US$247
  • Breakfast included
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$395
US$365
US$319
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
US$238
US$221
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
US$194
  • Pool
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
US$299
  • Spa
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$279
US$243
  • Restaurant
Hotel Iroquois(Mackinac Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,775 results
All reviewscupola barcourse dinnerno tippingthe main dining roomjockey clubgrand experiencebucket listlongest porchhigh teaonce in a lifetimedress codecoat and tiecelebrate michiganpecan balllunch buffetcruise shipterrace room
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed at the Grand Hotel from a Thursday to Sunday in July. We have never been treated so well. The hostess welcomed us every night to dinner, always remembering us. Five course meals ever night. Top notch waitstaff. Top all around. Loved it and can't wait go back. I loved sitting out on the deck in the evenings watching the flags. The horse drawn carriage ride was beautiful too.

Room Tip: Every room is different.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Before taking off to hike the state parks of the Upper Peninsula I stayed at the Grand Hotel starting the Sunday before Labor Day. The Jazz concert with Diane Schuur had to be experienced to be believed. I realize many are put off by the $10 entry fee if you are not staying there but if $10 keeps you out then you don't belong. It reminded me of my boarding school years with a level of manners, courtesy, and decorum that is often lost today. The wait staff was attentive, warm, and friendly. Not being a golfer I was not quite appreciative of the Jockey Club. My naps in the room and on the veranda were great. I found Lois one of the concierges to be most helpful in my needs and questions. A passport to a bygone era of Halcyon days.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This was a most beautiful, fantistic place; food wonderful (loved being properly dressed at 6:00 P.M. for dinner; wait staff great (Thanks Miami) relaxing place; no cars, only bikes,horses,even a battery operated scooter for people with bad knees. I was able to make the trip around the island with my family on the scooter. A great 4th of July vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Our annual trip to Grand Hotel was wonderful. While keeping up with modern amenities -- wifi and a flat screen TV in the room -- Grand Hotel is a wonderful luxury stop that takes you back in time with a salute to some of the best of the past. I automatically sit back and relax at Grand Hotel. There's a reason Grand Hotel was almost sold out all of August -- superb food, welcoming atmosphere, well trained and responsive staff and wonderful amenities. As a gardener, I love strolling Grand Hotel's gardens and getting ideas for my own garden beds. There's a wonderful pool and relaxing chairs on the lawn where you can sit and read or reflect. For a great getaway in a charming and magical spot, consider Grand Hotel and Mackinac Island.

Room Tip: If you're big on view, pay the extra and get a lake view room. If you only use the room to sleep, save your money for some other part of your vacation and get an interior room. They're all comfortable and the service is impeccable no matter what room you get.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NorthbyNorthwest_9
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Stayed at the Grand Sept 5 -8, 2012 and had mixed feelings about the hotel.

The 125 year old hotel is certainly a noteworthy desitination and the architecture, grounds, pool, front porch and location on the island are excellent. Some of the positive items we would list include the views from the famed front porch as well the the flowers and upkeep of the landscaping are top shelf. Sitting upon the rockers on the front porch to read or for an after dinner drink is very enjoyable.The hotel's decore and trimmings is from a previous era and you are either going to love it or hate it. We found our room very comfortable, of ample size and the bathrooms adequate. We found the staff to be very friendly and reasonably helpful. I golfed at the 9 hole Jewel and 9 hole Woods course. A very enjoyable golf experience with a 20 minute horse carriage ride serving as the trun.

The American plan makes the stay nearly an all-inclusive as the ample breakfast and dinner leaves one only needing a snack for lunch. While not a gourmet experience, the food was well above average and we enjoyed our meals, especially when we opted for dinner at the Jockey club rather than dinner in the grand dinning room.

On the negative side, dinning in the grand dinning room was eerily like being on a cruise ship. A prix fixe meal served by a rushed staff with 1,000 of your closest fiends. Especially noticeable was the spacing between couples where you were close enough to eat from your neighbor's plate and most certainly hear more of their conversation than you desire. Of course they are seving large numbers, but the food was noticeably better than most cruises. However, I found the meal service on cruises to be slightly better as at the Grand there were minor, but noticeably slip-ups . We were disappointed with our luggage being put in the hallwya, not placed into our room upon arrival. The quality of the bedding and linens was disappointing for the price of the rooms and certainly not near the caliber of a 4 star or 5 star hotel.

The island itself is wonderful and is a biker's and hiker's paradise with miles of well kept and well marked trials. We were a bit worried that we might find Mackinac Island a bit limited in activities, but between shopping, golfing, biking, hiking, dining and various tourist activities we were surprised how full our four days were.

Since this was our first trip to the island, we opted for the Grand during our 3 night stay. Overall, it is a bit overpriced for the total value it provides, but worth experiencing. If I had to do it over again, I would opt for 1 night at the Grand and 2 nights at one of the downtown hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple