The customer service is top notch once you get there (over the phone they can be a bit brisk and uppity). Full-service includes lunch and dinner (depending on your package plan), a pre-dinner reception, transportation of luggage to and from the ferry, and many beautiful halls and parlors to roam and browse. The atmosphere is a little stuffy, especially for the 50 and under crowd, but there's dancing and music available after dinner, which makes for a fun evening. There is also a great wine bar that's library/den-style and more comfortable than some of the stuffier options. The grounds are incredibly well groomed and make for a wonderful morning or evening walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and TravelClick so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island