I love historic hotels and spent a week here in May 2014 for a week of "Vintage Dance". I was fortunate to share a spacious lake view room with 2 friends. The grand scope and setting of the aptly named place is magical. And the dining experience spectacular in food, ambiance, and service. Some of the best "bang for buck" vacation dollars I've ever spent. If your idea of a resort is lounging around shorts and flip flops, watching TV, or having soft rock seeping from every corner, this isn't a good fit. For those who like a change from that aesthetic, this is heavenly. Live music to dance and dine, harp in the lobby, people dressed for dinner was what this unique space provides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island