This hotel is hands down one of my all-time favorites. I've been coming for over 30 years and had the privilege to share this experience with my own daughter. The hotel caters to the kids really well with cribs, age appropriate food buffets, etc. Beds are comfortable and nightly turndown service is lovely. Walls are thin in this 100+ year hotel, so be forewarned about noises. Absolutely love sitting on the famed porch taking in the view, enjoying cocktails, and having the on-site photographer snap our family portrait. The weather cooperated so we were able to use the pool. Friendly service throughout although dining room service tends to be better from the more seasoned waiters. No tipping throughout which is nice to not worry about. Great handling of baggage to/from ferries downtown. Fantastic meals... you'll need to fast after a couple days of breakfast/dinner feasts. Simply Fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island