In July 2014, we attended an ICLE conference. We stayed at the Grand overlooking the true blue, sparkling waters of Lake Huron off the tip of the Michigan's Mitten(lower peninsula, with a view of the Mackinac bridge in the near distance. It lights up at night!).
The grand keeps improving with age. Our food was quite good, the service was wonderful. Our room was huge. The Esther Williams Suite, a collection of movie memorabilia. Lunch at the Jockey. Club was delicious. Dinner one night is always at the WOODS restaurant. It is magical. It is a horse drawn carriage ride away through the forest. The food is great. Highly recommend everyone having a serene, fun, moment in time at the Grand on Mackinac. (Heated pool, tennis, fitness room, paths, bikes, guided tours etc)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and TravelClick so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island