A lover of Mackinac Island since childhood, my husband and I stay on the island each summer for a long weekend. We considerate it "our place". For our first anniversary, October of 2004, we stayed at the Grand Hotel for the "Somewhere In Time" weekend. Our room was most wonderful - overlooking the beautiful front porch with a view of the lake. The food was incredible - so much food and in such a gorgeous setting. The dining room was elegant; the service impeccable.
The parlour with High Tea was a throwback to an elegant, lovely time. We could not have been happier. Perfect for those who appreciate the history, elegance and sophistication of a truly grand place. I recommend you tour all floors of the hotel for the art and history. Venture to the top of the cupola for an outstanding view. Upper Michigan is truly a gorgeous place and we often don't appreciate that fact - in this setting you will. I can't wait to return to the Grand Hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and TravelClick so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island