We booked on the special - stay one night and get 2nd night 1/2 off. Our kids, including a teenager loved and everyone was so delighted with the place that we asked to stay a 3rd night and the manager said we could get the 1/2 price special for the 3rd night. The rooms were really nicely decorated; bathrooms very nice; plenty of towels. When they do turndown service in the evening, they bring new towels which is really nice. The breakfast and dinners were excellent. Service a bit slow sometimes, but you really get to enjoy the experience. The kids loved the evening dancing. We felt like we were on a cruise. Excellent place for an extended family vacation and with the meals included it is really a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and TravelClick so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island