“The caramel apples are the bomb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Velvet - CLOSED

Velvet
New Orleans
“The caramel apples are the bomb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I got a caramel apple and it was so good! The store is super cute too. Their fudge samples were delicious. They have typical fudge though, nothing unique. Prices are fair for the area. This isn't a restaurant so i'm not sure why it's ranked in the restaurant section. It's pushing other places down the list. Weird. But any way, it's a good candy store with the basics.

• Visited May 2012

Gregory, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place, dependable and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

My son's 14th birthday was the same day as a school 2 day field trip to Mackinac Island. I contacted Velvet candy store for a special treat to be delivered to his hotel room for a surprise. Danielle went out of her way to make sure that he received the best birthday ever!She even sent me a text picture of the gift so I knew what he was getting since I wasn't there. Unfortunatly the hotel "lost" his present and so the Velvet team made him a new one and had it delivered within an hour and saved the day.

Thank you Velvet team especially Danielle for going above and beyond for my son. You gave him a great birthday and I will recommend the Velvet store over and over again!

If anyone wants to send a special present to a friend or loved one Velvet Candy Store is the place to go with dependable staff and excellent service!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Renee T
Naperville, Illinois
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

We were at first intrigued by this new place and went In because they were running a fantastic deal on fudge (buy three, get three). The girl working the counter was super friendly and helped us immediately. The fudge is amazing and smooth. The ice cream variety was plentiful and creative. They also have assorted candies but we didn't get to try them as we were chowing down on fudge. We came off season so the stock was low but I'm sure that during peak there is all kinds of delicious things. I hope that this place makes it because it just replaced our old fav fudge shop (JoAnne's).

We selected peanut butter, mint chocolate, Butterfinger, German chocolate, turtle and Dark Chocolate in case you were wondering. :)

King George, Virginia
“Great Ice Cream, Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

My wife and I stopped by Velvet for ice cream. It was very good and Danielle worked with me to make an Ice Cream Soda. You will love their chocolates, too!

• Visited August 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Good place for homemade ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Went here with my husband and happy to find a place with homemade ice cream. The treats were pretty good. I'd recommend it in the sea of ice cream and fudge.

• Visited September 2011