“Great price for a daily rental”

Mackinac Island Bike Shop
Ranked #1 of 14 Shopping in Mackinac Island
Georgia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great price for a daily rental”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We rented 2 bikes at about 9:30 am. Since it was mid September the shop closes at 5:00 or earlier if things are slow or the weather isn't good. The guys helping us said we could keep the bikes for 24 hours for the daily rate of $44 each. This was great since we rented the bikes the day before we were leaving and our condo was 2 miles from downtown. We only stayed two nights and the first day we walked everywhere. We rode the 8 miles around the island and all over the island. We were able to ride to town to eat dinner and when we got ready to leave the island we rode the bikes bike to town. We didn't have to walk or pay $6.75 a person for the shuttle that took 40 minutes. We definitely got our monies worth. The basket was great. Pack and snack and explore the island.

Visited September 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

So happy with my bike rental from here. I liked that there was no deposit and I didn't have to pay until I returned. The guys got us set up with bikes that were perfect for us. I will definitely use them again on my next visit.

Visited September 2013
Plainfield, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Easy Bike Rental”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We wanted bikes to tour the island during our recent visit. I checked prices on all of the bike websites, and choose Mackinac Island Bike Shop. No deposit, water, and competitive rates. My wife and I enjoyed the multi-speed tandem and will definitely come back!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mcydad
Long Island
138 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Best Bike Shop”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The Mackinac Island Bike Shop is so convenient to the Shepler's Ferry dock that we were off the ferry and on our rental bikes in seemingly no time at all. In spite of the number of people wanting to rent bikes, the service by the young bike handlers was quick, efficient and friendly. Our bike choices were called for and adjusted for our height in a matter of minutes. Rates are competitive and pro-rated if you only ride for part of an hour. We were fortunate to get started by 9:30 so that the Island wasn't yet crowded and since there is no car traffic anyway, we felt as if we had the roadway to ourselves for our 8 mile ride around the shore line. We had been given a map of landmarks so we had our own self-guided tour of the Island's perimeter. We were very pleased with our bikes, the basket and the bottled water that were included in the rental. Returning the bikes was easy and quick as well.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LongIslandMabel
Duluth, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great, fast service”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I brought my own bike on the island, but needed a burley trailer for the kids. They took my bike, attached the burley trailer to it and before i could even pay it was ready for me. You pay by the hour. The burley was great, and I had no problems fitting my two kids in it as i rode around the island twice with a pit stop for Ice Cream. Drop off was a breeze as well.

Visited July 2013