Hotel Iroquois
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
US$153
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$214
  • Pool
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$213
Grand Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$394
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Chippewa Hotel Waterfront(Mackinac Island)(Great Value!)
US$150
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$220
Travelocity
The Inn at Stonecliffe(Mackinac Island)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe carriage house restauranttower suitecontinental breakfastno elevatorfirst floormain streetbest hotel on the islandbeautiful hotelstarline ferryoutdoor seatingstar line ferryoverlooking the waterview of the lakevisited mackinac islandlovely roomwe've stayedhard boiled eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We were so excited when the ferry pulled up to the dock and our hotel was right there. Couldn't be more convenient. Nice room. Fabulous location within walking distance to the Grand Hotel etc. Everyone was friendly when we checked in and when we left but in between we might as well have been invisible. We weren't acknowledge when we walked by the reception desk (which you have to do when you enter and leave the hotel). Housekeeping was good except I had to leave them a note to change a light bulb above the bed.

Room Tip: We had a Garden room on the second floor. From the balcony we had views of the lake and main street.
2  Thank dillnbee
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This was our 3rd time staying here at the Iroquois. First time was 25 years ago on our honeymoon. We booked the same room we had back then, which was a 3rd floor tower suite overlooking the straights of Mackinac and the light houses. The view is incredible with all the windows in the tower sitting room. Bathroom is updated and very nice. Staff was very helpful and accommodating as I was planning a surprise renewal of vows for my wife. Being right down on the main street is handy to all the shops but the Iroquois Hotel is at the end of the shopping area, so it is pretty quite...until the ferrys blow their horn when they start running in the morning but one can say that is part of the charm. We have stayed in another smaller room in years past and still very much enjoyed it. We left two days before our departure to the mainland to stay at the Grand Hotel but we were very sad to leave the Iroquois. Not to take anything away from the Grand Hotel, which it nostalgic in its own way, for the money and the view, it is very had to beat Hotel Iroquois!

Room Tip: Plan ahead and book one of the tower suites foe special occasions.
Reviewed 26 September 2012

A friend recommended that we stay at the Iroquois rather than at the Grand because the Iroquois is so well located. We are very grateful for that recommendation. The hotel was absolutely charming. Our rooms overlooked the beautifully landscaped grounds and we could watch the ferries coming and going from our bay window. There were flowers everywhere. The rooms were lovely and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The public areas of the hotel were just beautiful. We could walk down the main street to all the shops. We took a $14 cab ride to tour the Grand and were easily able to walk back downhill. The Iroquois was a highlight of our trip around Lake Michigan.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Canada1939
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stayed here for our 10th anniversary. If you take the Star Line Ferry the hotel is within a very short walk. A porter from the hotel is there at the Ferry to grab your bags and deposit them to your room which if we had known in advance how close the hotel was we wouldn't have needed to use the porter. The hotel excels at service and friendly staff. When requesting something from the main desk, our needs were immediately addressed. Our room was immaculately maintained. The hotel is situated on the shore and has great views in a beautifully landscaped setting. They serve a light continental breakfast of fruits, pastries, OJ and coffee which was plenty for us. There is a very charming and cozy atmosphere to the hotel and a few comfy places in communal areas to sit and watch the goings on in the street. My dissapointments center around certain aspects of the room. As it was our anniversary I opted for a room with a view of the water and it included a deck. I paid over $400 a night for it. So for that price I was quite disappointed by the bathroom which was dated (not in a good way) and it was very basic. There was next to no counter space and it took me a while to find and figure out how to operate the hair dryer which was in the closet hallway. Once you entered the room there was a step up to the beds so anytime you left the room or wanted to use the bathroom you had to step down a step. I had to constantly remind myself when I used the bathroom in the night that I had a step to negotiate and my husband actually did trip on the step once during the day. There were no dressers in the room. Although we did have a deck with a great view, so did our neighbors on both sides and although our decks were sectioned off by white picket fencing it was hardly private. I suppose if they did build privacy walls betweeen each room that might detract from your view so you sacrifice the privacy for a great view. Also, we were on the first floor and down below the deck the hotel seemed to house a lot of maintenance stuff. It kind of detracted from the experience looking down and seeing all that stuff. I've paid $400 a night in other tourist places and got quite nice rooms so in comparison with previous experiences it was disappointing. All in all it is a very nicely maintained, very well run hotel with a cozy atmosphere. If I were to stay here again I would not bother to pay the extra charge for a room with a view of the water.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We visited the hotel again this year after a fantastic stay last year. It was just as enjoyable the second time. Great rooms, views, gardens, restaurant, and location with an accommodating staff. Can't imagine staying anywhere else on the island.

Room Tip: Book early and chose one of the first floor rooms with a balcony viewing the water and park.