It has been a hectic summer so my husband and I decided to take our small children to Mackinac Island for a peaceful and relaxing family getaway. My husband and I visited the Island on our honeymoon 15 years ago and remember how relaxing it was so we thought that would be perfect to slow down and catch up with our children. We heard from an acquaintance they had stayed at the Lilac Tree so we decided to just try our luck because time to really research was not an option (we stayed at the Grand before but decided the kids weren’t ready). The rate was a bit higher than we would usually pay but we were told “we were paying for the great location.” This could not be further from the truth…so much for our relaxing family vacation. The Lilac Tree is located right downtown and every time you step out of the hotel it is like stepping into chaos with the bikes and people enjoying the Island everywhere. While this is part of the charm that we like to visit, we did not enjoy being forced to deal with it all the time. Also, with our little ones it was difficult to spread out and let them run around without having to first battle through a crowd. We still love Mackinac Island and were able to find some other places that we will definitely be bringing our children back to next time. As for our room, it was mediocre at best and not at all worth what we paid for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lilac Tree Suites & Spa is located in the heart of downtown Mackinac Island. We are surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops, Island activities, and are centrally located to the ferry docks. We are an all-suites property featuring modern amenities that a traveler is accustomed. All suites have two large rooms separated by a bathroom with double vanity. All suites have two 40" flat screen televisions, wet bar, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, and pillowtop mattresses in the bedroom. The Lilac Tree Spa is located on the ground floor of the hotel, offering massage, body wraps, facials, and nail services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Lilac Tree Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilac Tree Suites And Spa
- Lilac Tree Hotel Mackinac Island
- Lilac Tree Mackinac Island