Located in the center of Main St, where all the shopping and dining establishments are located. Lobby is separate from hotel; elevator to rooms is public -- anyone could go right up to the rooms. Stayed in King Club $uite w/balcony -- their top-of-line room. Was not on the water as I expected, but had a view of the water (over/between other ugly buildings). From the beautifully decorated hallway, you enter into the bedroom, the pass through bathroom, into sitting room where the balcony was.
The bedroom decorations were colorful and attractive, bed linens were clean/comfy, with a small TV on a shelf; the sitting area was all kelly green -- a bit much. Nice big jacuzzi tub and double sink with large mirror. In the sitting room, there is a couch/chairs, table/chairs, large flatscreen TV, inexpensive sink/frig/counter area. On the balcony, a table/chairs.
Upon arrival, I discovered that the AC was not working. To their credit, they did fix that right away and I had no further problem. One table was very dusty, but the rest of the room was clean.
Would have preferred the bedroom and sitting room areas switched for two reasons: (a) vending/ice was RIGHT OUTSIDE MY DOOR, so every night I could hear ice/cans dropping and sometimes people talking loudly in the hallway (b) would have enjoyed the view (what there was of it)/lake air from bed. However, guests might not want to hear the continuous clippety-clop of horses or, in busier season, more shoppers/diners on Main St.
Hotel staff was friendly and responsive, but the hotel doesn't do anything to make your stay special. With a little thought/effort, it could be more.
I wanted quiet and relaxing, on the water. Would have done better to stay in Traverse City or Charlevoix instead. Mackinac Island is beautiful, but basically an expensive tourist trap with lousy shops and okay-at-best dining. Metevier Inn on Market St looked to be more what I wanted, but is not on the water. Enjoyed the scenery but would not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lilac Tree Suites & Spa is located in the heart of downtown, centrally located to the ferry docks. We are surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops and most Island activities. We are an all suites property featuring modern amenities that a traveler is accustomed. All suites have two large rooms separated by a bathroom with double vanity. All suites also have two 40" flat screen TVs, wet bar with microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, and pillowtop mattresses in the bedroom. The Lilac Tree Spa is located on the ground floor of the hotel, offering massage, body wraps, facials, and nail services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Lilac Tree Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilac Tree Hotel Mackinac Island
- Lilac Tree Suites And Spa
- Lilac Tree Mackinac Island