My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July. We booked last minute and this hotel literally had the only rooms left on the island, so we didn't have a choice and reserved here. The hotel is a charming and quaint old home, and given everything on Mackinac is fairly close together, the location was fine. The beds were SO uncomfortable, and the walls are very very thin... you can hear EVERY step people take. We were in the back guest house, rooms were a good size and showers were nice. Had a balcony (shared with the other rooms on the floor, but we were the only ones to use ours during the stay, it appeared.) Big pro is the AC, it was record heat while we were there. Also, as everyone mentions, CHEAP bike rentals. Front desk and other waitstaff VERY VERY friendly and kind. Breakfast not bad, pastries/bread, fruit, yogurt, juices. If you want more, the Pancake House is a short walk down the street and offers yummy options too. I would stay here again if I had to... if I had a choice I would probably pick a hotel closer to the center of town. Overall, average hotel but not horrible, just not great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. All rooms are non-smoking. Out of respect for all our guests, we ask that you leave your pets at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island