Harbour View Inn
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
US$150
Grand Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Pool
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
Hotels.com
Hotel Iroquois(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
  • Spa
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Pool
The Inn at Stonecliffe(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest houseoatmealshared balconymain buildingb bcarriage househard boiled eggscontinental breakfastanne's churchshort walkenglish muffinsfront porchair conditioningenjoyed our staybike rentalsno elevatortop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Made a last minute (Saturday morning) decision to get away for the Memorial Day weekend to Mackinac Island. Found the Harbor View and the price seemed right.
Stayed for two nights in the Carriage House, which is simply a fancy name for an annex. Room had a shared balcony, nice view of a landscaped, inner courtyard. Clean, adequate.
Location is really good. Close to the main shopping and tourist area, but far enough down the road to be quiet, save the clop-clop-clop of horses hooves. Which is why you go to Mackinac to begin with. On site bike rentals saved the hassle of dealing with the bigger, more crowded outfitters. Staff was friendly and always asking "if there is anything you need, please ask."
Breakfast area was small and crowded, though outdoor seating was available, but too cold due to weather to use. Breakfast fare was the only real negative. Lukewarm oatmeal, cold cereal and not much else......But overall, a good value. I'd go back again.

Room Tip: Carriage House is not a bad choice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Ive read these reviews, I can only speak of " the carriage house " ( as part of the complex )

My room is large
The area s quiet, and a few blocks from downtown
I get a feeling some of the negative reviews might be in a different " house "

ALTHOUGH, indeed our room doesn't have air conditioning unless I'm missing the obvious vents,I see no AC... Cool days in late may haven't had me missing it either...

Nice breakfast.. More than just standard fare, but not elaborate either...

Down sides :
No AC ? In your room ??
No elevator
And a non garden view leaves a bit to imagination facing an ALLEY...
Really poor insulated room.. Easy to hear neighbors shower and arguing

UPs:
Location
Value ?? ( depends on your hopes / price point )
Breakfast

Checking out in the AM, hoping porter service goes as promiced..

Room Tip: Go check out the free lawn at mission points bike trail and enjoy a relaxing nap.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sonny_circumvehor
Reviewed 1 February 2013

My family visits Mackinac Island every summer and stay at a different place every time. Harbour View Inn was awesome! Beautiful rooms, great location, delicious continental breakfast, and there's a huge hot tub out back (although it was closed for construction when I was there so I didn't get to use it). I really enjoyed this hotel though, my family had such a fun time. We would just walk out our private entrance to outside, go rent bikes for a discounted rate from the hotel then take a 2 minute ride into the heart of the town. I would definitely recommend this place. And Mackinac Island overall is just about the most wonderful place.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms that open up to the beautiful garden in the back and the hot tub, then you can just walk right out and hop in the hot tub!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Maria A
Reviewed 7 December 2012

This is just such a fun weekend. We had 7 ladies for this year's outing. Dressed up as different bugs this year.

Hotel is consistent, solid. Staff always friendly and helpful. Nothing flashy. We like location because we do the 10k race at Mission Point as well as the Halloween parties in town so this is a nice middle spot.

Room Tip: Noise should not be a problem in any room. We have stayed in a couple of the different buildings and both were fine.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank windsurfergirl
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed here the last week they were open in October, for 5 days. They offered a great deal for a room online which allowed me to stay longer on the island. There are two buildings to this hotel which seem to offer the same great experience. The main building that looks like the plantation is where I stayed and where you check in, and to the side is a big blue building that is the bed and breakfast. The b&b might be 4 story's, filled with antiques and really pretty from what I could see. My 1st floor room was perfect for one person and offered an outdoor sitting area off of the room, which was great for morning coffee. The inviting front porch is so beautiful with feel as if you are on a southern plantation, but offers the great view of Lake Huron and the clip clop sound of horse and buggy on Main St.
Coffee and tea is served all day, and a continental breakfast each morning. They also offer a discount to their guests on bike rentals, which is a must when on the island.
Great price and very clean. I highly recommend to anyone no matter what their budget.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo