Spent one night - June 16, 2014 - at the Harbour View Inn with another senior couple. BEWARE: 1) They immediately charge your credit card at the time of booking and 2) there are two buildings not just the original shown in online photos. Both have many stairs inside and no ADA accommodations to reach the rooms which are all above the 1st floor. Both buildings have MANY steps to reach the front entrance with only the original bldg having a highly sloped outdoor ramp with no stairs. The 2nd bldg requires climbing stairs to access the outdoor ramp. Both buildings are old homes converted into B&B with no soundproofing between rooms which are VERY small. We had a difficult time finding a space for our 2nd SMALL suitcase. Also no A/C although a box fan was in the closet. We were there in mid June and our room was VERY warm. I felt sorry for those on the two floors above us. Breakfast was very standard - nothing special. Luggage transport to and from the ferry was outstanding. Our 1st visit to the Island, and we had no idea how far the walk was to the Inn. One in our party of 4 had knee issues, and we ended up paying for carriage rides (not an inexpensive option for 4 people) to save walking so much. I'd recommend researching the location of accommodation prior to booking on the Island. Two of us are very fit walkers and still found the inside stairs daunting! We never saw a pool if there was one. Front desk did recommend an outstanding restaurant for dinner, Yankee Rebel Tavern, which I will review on it's own. The dinner was the highlight of our trip and made up for the inconveniences of the Harbour View Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. All rooms are non-smoking. Out of respect for all our guests, we ask that you leave your pets at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island