We stayed for two days at the Harbour View Inn, and will definitely return. The view from our window was wonderful - the harbor, boats coming/going, lighthouses, and St Anne's steeple (which leans a little ... if you look carefully). :)
A great location to explore Mackinac Island, and enjoy the very special ambiance that only a vehicle-free location can provide. Waking up to the dawn chorus of local songbirds, and the steady clip-clip of of horses' hooves on pavement just makes you lie in bed and smile. And wish for simpler times and places.
Staff was very accommodating, and the morning coffee was plentiful. Would have like more protein options at breakfast (I'm diabetic, and can't do the carbs usually offered at continental breakfasts), but with some creative planning and bringing some cheese to go with the hard-boiled eggs, I was fine. Hubby enjoyed the many varieties of toast, jams/preserves, and cereals.
Highly recommend this very special and quaint Inn. :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. All rooms are non-smoking. Out of respect for all our guests, we ask that you leave your pets at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island