My wife and I have stayed the last two years (after Labor Day) and had a great stay at the Bed & Breakfast next door to the main Inn. We had a room in front with a (somewhat obstructed) view of the lake and downtown...beautiful. See photos from the stairs/mini deck in front which is accessible from the outside. The rooms have been recently renovated and very nicely decorated with a brand new bathroom top to bottom. It did not feel like a hotel room, had multiple windows and lots of natural light. Great mattress too.
The location is close enough to town to take a 10 min walk into town for dinner & shopping but away from the noise of Downtown. Just enough Ferry horn noise to be quaint. They will put bike rental on your room bill which I found a big convenience. We'll be back!
To enjoy Mackinac Island, you must get away from downtown during the day. Walk the unpaved "Tranquil Bluff Trail" on the east side of the island and you will get some unbelievable views of the Straits and Lake Huron.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. All rooms are non-smoking. Out of respect for all our guests, we ask that you leave your pets at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island