“How quaint!”
Review of Murray Hotel

Murray Hotel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Just got home! They were very friendly and helpful! Rooms are small, but we were only in the room to sleep and shower! Great price and the room was clean!!! Thank you to all of the workers! From the guys who brought our bags from the ferry, to the ladies at breakfast and all of the parties ladies who let me sample all of the delicious fudge! Great place!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jennab1975
MurrayHotelMI, Manager at Murray Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I've shared your review with our staff, as they always enjoy hearing kind words. Thank you again for reviewing us, and we hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We took the Arnold ferry over and the Murray Hotel was literally across the street. This was great in that we just walked our bags over or in some cases they will take them to your hotel for you. If you arrive early there is a place to hold your luggage until check in time. It was located on the main strip close to just about everything including bike rental.

The room was very clean and set in the time era. The hot tub was unique and had bubble jet...yeah! We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel we choose other local options but the fudge in the hotel is by far the best. They have plenty of samples and everything is good. I didn't try a piece of fudge I didn't like.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
MurrayHotelMI, Manager at Murray Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're very happy to hear that your room was satisfactory, and that you enjoyed our fudge! We agree that our location is a plus, and we're glad you enjoyed being right in the thick of Main Street. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review us, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

After a 10 hour drive and 45 min ferry arrived at the hotel with my husband and grown son visiting us from San Diego. Had a 3 night reservation but only stayed 2 due to rainy weather. Hotel has excellent location near Arnold ferry. Staff was very friendly. Fudge is the best real creamy and smooth. Room was quaint, clean and maids did a great job. we had a view of the street and horse drawn carriages went by a lot. We sat out on the front porch to enjoy the view. Hot tub was wonderful!

Breakfast was ok, not the best. My husband and son drink diet coke in the morning; hotel had a soft drink fountain but would not turn it on for breakfast.

In our hurry to check out I left some clothing items in dresser I called while on the ferry. They mailed them to my home within 2 days. This is excellent customer service! If I had gone back it would have been an additional 2 hours time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MurrayHotelMI, Manager at Murray Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We appreciate the kind words, and I've passed along your message about the fudge and cleanliness of the rooms to that staff; they love hearing compliments from our guests!

We do shut the soda machine off at night, but I do apologize that a staff member did not turn it on for you at your request. This is something I'll talk about with our staff to ensure this does not happen again.

It was truly not a problem to get your luggage sent out to you - I know I would be in a panic if I left something behind in my hotel room.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us, and all of us here hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked a room at the Murray for myself and my 3 grandchildren. I am a fan of the older hotels that have character, and the Murray did not disappoint. The room was comfortable and beautiful.
We had the breakfast bar and liked it very much. The only problem I had was that they wanted me to leave my luggage in the room and go to the ferry and they would bring the luggage. Sorry, I am not that trusting. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank dhinkley66
MurrayHotelMI, Manager at Murray Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We're glad you enjoyed the older charm of our hotel and our breakfast bar. We completely understand not wanting to be separated from your luggage, but we're happy that, overall, you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel a few different times. It's location couldn't be better. Right downtown across from the Arnold Dock. The Large hot tub or tiny pool, is located on the roof and well maintained. The rooms are tiny. The fudge shop is located in the lobby which makes for a quick sample each time you pass by. The only downfall was the musty smell in our room. I will be back again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paintapot
MurrayHotelMI, Manager at Murray Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We're glad you enjoyed our pool area and our fudge! We apologize for the musty smell in your room; we'll do a comprehensive overview of our rooms to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future. Thank you again for your kind words, and we hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We had such a nice visit there! The weather was perfect and the people at the Murray are all so nice. They have great breakfasts and wonderful donuts. We also bought some of their fudge and it was amazing. Very nice rooms and a hot tub!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank HGRguitar
MurrayHotelMI, Manager at Murray Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We're very happy you enjoyed your stay, and also very happy you enjoyed the donuts and fudge! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the Murray for three nights unexpectedly as I was waiting for a special procedure on my dog at MSU. Touring around Michigan was boring, so I came to Mackinac where I summered in our family cottage for 28 years. I haven't been back for 20 years. I was delighted the staff at the hotel arranged a darling little historic room for me, It reminded me of our big cottage, horses trotting, listeneing to people having fun in the park, hearing the fog horns blowing and ferry horns. The price was great, the experience memorable and very fair prices for food compared to the over priced options around town. If you want to experience a fun old fashioned hotel in the middle of it all, you will be happy to put up with small rooms, and historic features of an old hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Anne H
MurrayHotelMI, Manager at Murray Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We've shared your review with our staff, as they are always happy to hear such nice words. We're happy you enjoyed your stay, and we truly hope to see you again!