“Romantic Getaway!”

The Inn at Stonecliffe
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Loved this property. This was the first time my husband and I have been to this island. The staff was very nice. The rooms were clean and the veiw was so pretty. The grouds are kept up very well and was nice to have breakfast outside and enjoy the quite and view. We will for sure to come back. Only a few things to beaware of when comming (they did tell me when I booked so I was prepared) there is NO air in the mansion rooms and was a bit warm. And this property is located a bit off the beaten path ( one of the reason I love it too) so it take a bit to get a taxi out to you. Again this is not a negitive point, just wanted to let you know if you are planning to stay here. We also ate dinner there and was GREAT!! Im a picky steak eater and the steak was one of the best Ive ate!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sabes74
Stonecliffe, Front Office Manager at The Inn at Stonecliffe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

It was our pleasure having you as our guest! Stonecliffe has very traditional guest rooms in the Mansion (no air conditioning), but we also have more modern hotel rooms in the adjacent Summer House (air conditioning and mini-kitchenettes). We are 1 1/2 miles from the downtown ferry docks, but all of our guests seem to enjoy the relaxing carriage ride to the Inn upon arrival. I will share your kind words with our staff and Culinary team and we hope to have you visit again next year.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Great breakfast: eggs, fruit, pastries, cereal. Take the time to walk the trails at the back of the expansive grounds for some beautiful views of the lake and Mackinac bridge.... down to the water but bring your hiking shoes! A little bit of a ride from downtown but well worth it for peace and quiet for my husband and I and our 3yr old.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for your kind words and we hope to have the pleasure of seeing you and family again next year.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I love this hotel! The GM, Jeff Patton and his wife Regina are continuously improving things! This season's staff are accommodating and pleasant! Even the housekeeping staff are as pretty as they are efficient!
The Breakfast Buffet included with your lodging is fabulous! Even the bagels got bigger this year!
It was our first time on the island in May and the Lilacs are incredible. See you in the summer!

Room Tip: I am a fan of The Summer House. Newer, AC, Cable...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Stonecliffe, Front Office Manager at The Inn at Stonecliffe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

It was our pleasure having you again as our guest! Thank you for your kind words and I will share your comments with our staff and management team. We look forward to your next visit later this season.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

My 8 year old daughter got sick the morning of check out. She was throwing up and had no energy. This was a difficult situation in that I had to get her back to town and catch a ferry. I asked the hotel for a mere extra hour in the room while she was recovering. They said absolutely not. This was infuriating. There was no way that it would have mattered if we had stayed one hour more. Clearly they do not care about parents with sick children.

Room Tip: This hotel is a long way from the downtown
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Eric G
Stonecliffe, Front Office Manager at The Inn at Stonecliffe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Requests for late check-out are handled on a daily basis based upon occupancy demands of the hotel. Unfortunately, with this weekend being Memorial Day, we were unable to accommodate your request.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Probably my favorite hotel in the world. As a pilot I appreciate how close it is to the beautiful little airport on the island. The restaurant is marvelous and the one-lane bowling alley next to it (you had to set your own pins) was delightful.

For a while it would open for New Years Eve and a few days either side. I tried hard not to miss it and regret that it's no longer being done.

The new rooms overlooking the Mackinac Bridge are nice, but the upstairs rooms on the lakeside of the original mansion are the cream of the crop. I can't say enough good things about them and have stayed there a number of times. I had my honeymoon in the room over what used to be an open pourch on the southern end of the Mansion. Beautiful.

Room Tip: Try for one of the upstairs rooms in the original mansion. They're worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John_Goodspeed
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My trip to Mackinac Island was terrific but The Inn at Stonecliffe made it so authentic. I felt like I was a guest at an English Manor. The room I staying in was really spacious and well done, with a sweeping view of the beautiful grounds and in the background was Lake Michigan and the Straits of Mackinac. I loved my stay and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful. The pool is lovely as well, and it is a stepping off spot to go anywhere: by horse, bike or hiking the trails.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank lexwacket
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Our family spent three nights at the Inn at Stonecliffe this past summer and it was absolutely magical. Stonecliffe is off the beaten track, tucked in the woods away from the all the tourists but is in biking distance to so many of the islands cool attractions. The kids' days were filled with adventures and they loved being able to ride their bikes everywhere. The accommodations were lovely, the setting beautiful setting and staff polite and responsive - we could not ask for a better vacation.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family