“A great place to stay with - perfect location!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Excellent stay at the Main Street Inn. Top notch location and service. I highly recommend getting a room with a view of Main Street. Our room #309 had a perfect view of the ferry landing, the lake and "downtown". Watching the hustle and bustle down below from the comfort of the balcony was added bonus. We will definitely stay again. Only slight recommendation for improvement is the bed lines might need replacement and the bed was a bit lumpy - as was the couch. These are minor recommendations - as mentioned in other reviews. Overall - we had a great stay and you will too. We cannot wait to return to this slice of heaven!

Room Tip: Room with balcony overlooking Main street is a must. Pay the extra money - life is short.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank carolineandpaula

Reviewed 28 July 2012

After a stay at Beaches Resort in June, a NCL cruise in July and a Disney Aulani stay in Hawaii back in March this sweet little place steps up and blows the big boy competion away!! Perfect stay. I'll keep in simple. Very clean. Very friendly staff and very personable. Perfect location right off the main street and near boat docks. Quiet with all the hustle and bustle outside it was so peacful inside. Fudge during turndown at night was a thoughtful touch! I loved the little sitting area/game room area. Our family of five used that alot over our three night stay (due to a rainy day and it was a nice space when someone in the room was resting). Let's see what else.....bike storage. Great value. Fluffy towels. Nice bedding. Just Perfection. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank clickclackmoo
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Convienent to ferry- ck; Central Location - Ck; Welcome - Ck; Wonderful suite with Balcony rm 309 -Ck, Ck; Bike storage-ck; elevator (welcome after biking all day) -ck. Bed linens and shower head could be improved but that is the only recommendation for improvement. While the Inn does not offer any breakfast - choices abound within easy reach. Coffee house on one side and diner on the other to name the closest.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony are worth the price but realize you are on Main street. No street noise kept us u...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbST_17
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have given other hotels excellent ratings because of varying reasons. This hotel gets an "excellent" for every reason I can think of. It is right in the middle of Main Street, and although Main Street is tiny, it is still wonderful to walk right out the door to all that Mackinac Island has to offer. My friend and I stayed in a deluxe standard, in May before Memorial Day - the lowest rates of the season, and I truly do not believe there could possibly be a finer place to stay on the island for that price. The staff graciously gave us the room I had requested from the pictures on the internet, and when I walked into the room I immediately felt at home. Had a window that faces the wall of the stables rather than the street, but it did not matter one little bit. As a matter of fact, when we came in for afternoon coffee before going out for dinner, being on the backside of the hotel offered a quiet, relaxing sanctuary. We got plenty of exercise walking and bicycling around the island, so didn't miss a pool or fitness center at all. The easily accessible bike storage, fudge on the pillow, discount for Joann's, the best fudge on the island, and free box of fudge at check out, along with a staff who patiently answered my bazillion questions earn the #1 Tripadvisor spot. I had booked Main Street Inn & Suites 4 months in advance, and had anticipated the trip to Mackinac for over 3 years. Our stay fulfilled all expectations and added to a perfect vacation...all I had dreamed it would be.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget and can only afford a standard room, you will be just fine.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Guymon
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed here for our 20th anniversary. I booked this hotel because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. I am so glad I did. I couldn't have asked for anything better. It is a beautiful hotel inside & out! The staff was very nice and helpful - wished us a happy anniversary upon arrival, and hung a nice little sign in the elevator congratulating us! Each night, our bed was turned down and a small box of fudge was left for us from JoAnn's (the best on the island!) - on our first night, we were also left an anniversary treat of JoAnn's bonbons - they were amazing! The beds were very comfortable! The room was spotless - the housekeeping does an amazing job! I couldn't give this hotel a higher recommendation!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bick92
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Ever since we discovered this gem of an Inn we stay here every visit when we go to beautiful Mackinac Island! The staff is wonderful, professional, helpful, friendly etc. The rooms are clean & beautiful and we really appreciate the indoor, secure bicycle storage. Just can't say enough about this great Inn.

Room Tip: We enjoy the two queen bed with a window so we open the window a tad and enjoy the clip clop of the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Pam S
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We just completed a trip to Michigan which included a stay on Mackinac Island. I chose this hotel based mainly on Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. The rooms were pretty and had all amenities that you could want. The location was great and close to everything that we chose to do on the Island. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone going to Mackinac.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple