“Definitely lived up to expectations”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Having read all the great reviews we had high expectations and we weren't disappointed. We stayed for one night in a suite which overlooked Main Street and the waterfront. The room was large, nicely furnished and spotlessly clean with a lovely balcony that afforded a great view of the world going by on the street below. It's really well placed for a quick walk to the ferry, restaurants, shops, carriage tours etc. The staff were all really helpful and only too happy to help with dining recommendations.

We hope to visit Mackinaw Island again in the future and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

2  Thank Haylea S

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

My Wife and I had a wonderful time at this Inn. We loved every minute of it. It was clean, quiet and the service from all departments was excellent. Every night for turn down service you got a little piece of Joann's Fudge. We had one small problem with the TV not working, but they fixed the issue when we went to dinner. No Big Deal since you do not go to Mackinac Island to watch TV.

Our room faced the back of the hotel. It was super clean and spacious. Off the elevator they have a social area with games and a pool table. They have quiet hours from 11 pm to 10 am which allowed me to get my lesson plans done for the first week of school.

Places I recommend on the Island are Lucky Bean Cafe for Coffee it is on the block behind the hotel, Pancake House for Breakfast and try the Blueberry Pancakes, Chuck Wagon for the lunch and try the Rattlesnake Burger and finally the Yankee Rebel Tavern for Dinner.

5  Thank Jerseyboyinmi
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I have stayed here several times, and we are never disappointed. The rooms are clean, the decor is appropriate for the island and stylish. The staff is well trained and attentive. I feel like I am right at home the minute that I arrive. I couldn't recommend it more strongly!

3  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a lovely place to stay on Mackinac Island. Every room is decorated differently. The staff are very friendly, courteous and helpful. Every part of the inn is spotlessly clean! We stayed in a standard deluxe room. It had a window but no view. It was very tastefully decorated! Next time we will spend the extra money and stay in the king suite which has its own porch over Main Street and a stunning view of Lake Huron.

Room Tip: Any room here is very good, but if you can do it go for the king suite.
2  Thank Karen N
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Wow, wow, wow.! I loved this hotel, which feels like a wonderful B&B. it's clean and luxurious, and literally features the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in.

The staff is friendly and helpful, and this hotel is located right in the heart of all of the action. It is also reasonably priced, though reservations are notoriously difficult to get. But keep trying - they do get cancellations and it is truly worth the effort.

I have stayed in a variety of hotels on Mackinac Island over the years, and now that I've stayed here, I will never stay anywhere else on the island.

One little, picky thing I noticed is a very slight peeling of wallpaper in one place in our suite. (Know how much that mattered to me? Zero. It'll get fixed after the season is over.) Also, Mackinac Island in general has poor TV cable service. This hotel is no exception, so keep that in mind.

More important is the location, the generous room size, the sparkling cleanliness, and the wonderful staff of this hotel.

Forget the Grand - this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Go for a suite with a parlor that overlooks the harbor. The water is beautiful, and the people watc...
5  Thank Carol W
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed there two nights. Recent renovations very well done. Is on Main Street but very well sound proofed. Service and staff very good, and quality of furnishings very good. Location is excellent as near boat docks. Resturants very close

Room Tip: The upper floors offer harbor views which are very good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fdl1948
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Everything about the Mainstreet Inn was great. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The fudge samples on the bed in the evening made the place even better. I would definitely stay there again.

3  Thank Freestyle1980