“First time stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Wonderful stay 4 nights on the island. Convenient location and lovely room. Staff were fantastic from front desk to cleaning staff. Highly recommend. Staff gave helpful tips and suggestions. We felt very pampered. Would definitely stay again. Loved turn down service and free fudge. We even had movie night in our room and they made us popcorn! Fabulous customer service overall.

Room Tip: Our room, 204, was lovely but no view since we were on the back side but needed 2 beds. If view is i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jmahan2013

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Would highly recommend the Main Street Inn & Suites for being clean & tidy! You can NOT beat the location on Main Street confident to all the restaurants & shopping! The hotel clerks were very friendly & accommodating to anything that was asked. First night our kids room didn't get fudge by the bed so the next night they got 2 which made them very happy. When we checked out got a certificate for 1/2 pound of free fudge per room, as a nice bonus to a GREAT STAY!
Would stay there again but would like to get another view which wasn't the best since we looked at a room of the next building..Views or Location??? Guess Location!

Room Tip: Would suggest not staying in 203 or 303 if you want a View!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Spent the night in this Inn and truly enjoyed it. I'm very picky and it exceeded all my expectations. Very friendly customer service, immaculately clean rooms, comfortable beds, turndown service with fudge, bright and cheerful decor. We had a great stay and they even gave us a half pound of fudge as a gift on our way out. Great location surrounded by shops and restaurants. Loved it!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank JFaunt
Reviewed 5 September 2013

All of the positive reviews are correct--this is a lovely, new, pristine hotel with a location that can't be beat! My husband, 2 daughters and I stayed for one night and loved it. When I booked the room a month earlier, the only availability was a honeymoon suite, so my husband and I had a very comfortable king bed and lovely jacuzzi, while our teenaged girls slept in the adjacent room (one on the couch--not a sleeper sofa, but she didn't care--and one on a rollaway at no extra charge). The service was excellent, especially Megan at the front desk who had excellent restaurant recommendations and was very accommodating (even allowed my daughter to use the bathroom in the room before the room was actually ready). My only complaint is that the housekeeper neglected to turn off the alarm set by the previous guest, and so it went off, blaring at 6 AM! My husband thought he turned it off, but inadvertently hit "snooze," so in 15 minutes, it went off again. He unplugged it, but it had battery power, so in another 15 minutes, it went off a third time! I'm a very light sleeper, so I never did go back to sleep, and was very irritated because I had never intended to get up at that hour while on vacation! I reported this to Megan at the front desk and she apologized profusely. Normally, the hotel gives guests a card for 15% off of JoAnn's Fudge, and a free 1/2 pound of fudge, but because of this incident, Megan ensured that we had an entire pound of fudge free. We truly appreciated this gesture. I believe that the alarm incident was anomalous and in no way characteristic of this hotel, but my rating of sleep quality is totally based on the unanticipated wake-up time. That said, we would happily return to this hotel because of its lovely ambiance, its perfect location, and its outstanding front desk staff.

Room Tip: the honeymoon suite is FABULOUS and can accommodate a family if a child sleeps on a (non-sofabed) co...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JoMich
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I along with our daughter's family stayed one night at the Inn recently. It was our first overnight stay on the Island after many vists over the years. Our suite was beautifully decorated and very clean with a wonderful balcony overlooking Main Street. The service was great and helpful, especially when the Island experienced an intermittant power outage the day we were there. Everything was first class. When we return, this will be our first choice of where to stay on the Island.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank NONNOZ
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Having read all the great reviews we had high expectations and we weren't disappointed. We stayed for one night in a suite which overlooked Main Street and the waterfront. The room was large, nicely furnished and spotlessly clean with a lovely balcony that afforded a great view of the world going by on the street below. It's really well placed for a quick walk to the ferry, restaurants, shops, carriage tours etc. The staff were all really helpful and only too happy to help with dining recommendations.

We hope to visit Mackinaw Island again in the future and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Haylea S
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

My Wife and I had a wonderful time at this Inn. We loved every minute of it. It was clean, quiet and the service from all departments was excellent. Every night for turn down service you got a little piece of Joann's Fudge. We had one small problem with the TV not working, but they fixed the issue when we went to dinner. No Big Deal since you do not go to Mackinac Island to watch TV.

Our room faced the back of the hotel. It was super clean and spacious. Off the elevator they have a social area with games and a pool table. They have quiet hours from 11 pm to 10 am which allowed me to get my lesson plans done for the first week of school.

Places I recommend on the Island are Lucky Bean Cafe for Coffee it is on the block behind the hotel, Pancake House for Breakfast and try the Blueberry Pancakes, Chuck Wagon for the lunch and try the Rattlesnake Burger and finally the Yankee Rebel Tavern for Dinner.

• Stayed: August 2013