“Great value and location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Rochester Hills, MI
“Great value and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2009

We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay at this hotel. The overall appearance, location and service are outstanding.

We will definitely plan on staying here on our next trip to the island.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mitrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

I LOVE Mackinac Island and have been a regular visitor since I was a child. I have had the opportunity to stay on the Island several times prior to this visit but at hotels without air conditioning. For this visit, I needed a hotel with air conditioning. I escorted cousins visiting from Denmark for a 2 night/3day stay who would not do well with the Michigan heat and humidity in early July. That is the primary reason I chose this hotel for this trip. Although we stayed on the Island July 1-3, we did not need the air. The weather was cool and cloudy. But I am SO VERY GLAD I chose this hotel. It exceeded all of my expectations. It was extremely CLEAN and in an excellent location right on Main Street in the center of town. The staff were extremely welcoming and very helpful. My wireless access wasn't working, and they loaned me an ethernet cord for the duration of my stay. We stayed in a 3rd floor suite facing Main Street. Although it was a bit noisy at night with the window open (pub crawls), the balcony was a wonderful place to people watch. There is no complimentary breakfast, but plenty of nearby restaurants to meet your needs. It is a little pricey, but well worth it.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank GoingSomewhereAgain
Toledo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

We selected the Main Street based on other tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. We stayed in the two bedroom suite as we had five in our party ( 2 parents, 2 kids, 8,13 and grandma). The Inn has a great location close to restaurants, sights and shops. The room was very comfortable and overlooked the main street. Really appreciated the inside bike storage as we brought our own bikes. Bonus was the excellent fudge left in the room each night. Will definitely look to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
clio, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

We stayed here for one night in the honeymoon suite. Ironic enough I brought my girlfriend (now fiance) here to propose. The room was great and just as we pictured. The hotel was well maintained and the room was large with a great view. Its a pro and con for the location. Its a very busy area downtown but you are also close to all the shops and resturants. Another thing that was kinda "off" from what we expected is the lack of a breakfast of some sort and no room service. This is not all that bad but I would think a hotel of such calider would have said services. Overall a great value for a suite. We would go back for sure

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken H
Harrison , Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

Reviews are right on target. Visit was perfection. We had a suite with balcony overlooking Main Street with great views. We visited the Grand for dinner and porch sitting but the location of the Main Street Inn is much better for a hotel base and convenient to everything.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chloe71
Garden City MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

I have stayed at this hotel now 4 times. The first time my family and I went on a budget and we stayed in room 201, a room on the back. We fell in love with the way the it was appointed, high quality everything. The window was best left closed due to the location of the stables but the room was beautiful. The next year we stayed in 207, the one and only two-bedroom suite. This place was HUGE. A comfortable private bedroom was on the left when entering with a king bed. and television. Then was a bedroom with two queens with a television. Follow the hall to the well appointed bathroom and then a great living room with a third television. This room was done in the best style that the hotel has, a blue wall, white wicker setup. The living room features a large sofa and two armchairs as well as a casual seating area. The deck is large and private on one side with a window to open for the sport of listening to Mackinac, a must do. This year in June we chose to stay in room 310, the hotels "favorite" room. It is the one they use in many ads and I can see being a highly requested one. This room is the one with the bay window on the third floor. 310 was appointed with the same blue/white color scheme as 207. It featured the same beautiful bedroom, living room, and a smaller but extremely private balcony next to the bay window, which was almost as good as a balcony. The one complaint is that 310 has the only non-covered balcony at the hotel. This room also featured a spa tub in the bathroom. The sad part was we had to move hotels for one night to the Lilac Tree down the street. Main Street Inn's rooms were clearly modeled after the Lilac Tree, but it shows that they are some 16 years newer. Lilac Tree was very disappointing in comparison! Just yesterday I returned from my 4th stay at this hotel. We stayed in room 209, a one bedroom suite with a king bed. This room happened to be a handicapped room which made the bathroom far larger but the bedroom far smaller. It wasn't very noticeable. The tub had a seat and a moving shower head. The balcony had a small ramped set up instead of a step down which made this balcony 2 inches or so higher than the other ones on the floor. Overall it was not noticeable. The room was styled with yellow walls, dark almost black wicker chairs and furniture with pinkish accents. The sofa was pale green. The one thing about Main Street Inn, the rooms have an odd collection of colors that I would never put together but they come off BEAUTIFULLY. Did I mention also that the past two times I have slept on the sofa which has been extremely comfortable?
This room did not disappoint. It is interesting to note that room 210 also features a bay window, small balcony and spa tub in the bathroom. It has medium brown wood furniture, goldenrod walls, and brown checked accents and cushions and has two queen beds. The sofa is large and wine red with large dragonflies. Room 208 features a spa tub next to the king bed. It features a different golden and medium brown comination of colors similar to both 210 and 209, almost a mixture of the two. HIGHLY recommend.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank statestreet_ph
Warren
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

My sister and I have been traveling to Mackinac Island every summer for several years and have stayed in various hotels on the island. We first stayed at Main Street the second year it was opened, and we were hooked. That is now our first choice if we are staying more than one or two nights. We love the staff, the ambience, the locations. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. I recently stayed at a Disney Resort, and they only cleaned if you called and requested it. Main St. is cleaned every day, regardless. We are returning there again this year for a week and look forward to our room as much as we do the island. Although it has no restaurant in house, because of its location, nothing is more than a minute's walk away. And being located above a fudge shop is wonderful - the smell of chocolate permeates the building when the fudge is cooking.

• Stayed August 2008