“Beautiful property, close to everything”
Review of Inn on Mackinac

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Inn on Mackinac
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel is affordable and close to downtown, the park, Fort Mackinac, everything. Its grounds are very well manicured, some of the most beautiful on the island. The porch has a spectacular view, you can even see the lake across the street. Hot breakfast is included, and they even have beverages available all day, cheese/crackers/lemonade in the afternoon, and warm chocolate chip cookies delivered to your room in the evening. The heated spa pool is a great bonus. Parking for your bike on the East side of the building. Porter will help you with your luggage from the dock. Very friendly staff. Rooms are clean but could use some updating, however that is part of the charm of Mackinac. The only problem I have had is that I spoke with the manager about making a room block for my wedding guests this coming year, I also left my contact information and have called and emailed the hotel several times. I had such a great stay, but now I am disappointed that they will not get back with me regarding my block. Therefore I will be staying somewhere else when I come in 2014.

Room Tip: You can pay more money for a higher room with views of the lake, however I'm not sure it's w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura L

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This historic Inn provides some of the luxuries of the 21st Century (AC, great spa pool to soak in after biking the island, al fresco dining for breakfast surrounded by perennials.) -- and a folksy, casual experience with convivial staff and covered porch to take in the ambiance of this magnificent island. If you need to stretch a budget a bit, consider a stay here. Here's my complete blog for Mother Earth News: http://www.motherearthnews.com/green-transportation/mackinac-island-hospitatility-zbcz1311.aspx#axzz2oE38gkw3

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank johnivanko
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor, my daughter and I were able to make a very tough decision as to where we should stay for the 1st time during the summer on Mackinac Island? We chose the Inn for several reasons. Location was excellent if one would like to be away from the downtown area, but close enough to take a nice walk to get there. The staff was incredible, from the time that we stepped off the Shepler/ greeted by Brandon to take our luggage via bike to the Inn. We had a short walk to the Inn, and were greeted with a very friendly , professional staff .We were so impressed with everything in general that we decided to return in October for another 3 nights stay. Highly recommend this beautiful B&B ~ Stayed : July & October 2013 Biked the island both visits. btw...Sitting on the porch in the evening and listening to the horses trot slowly by after the late hour when we had the whole island to ourselves wasn't bad either! Hope this helped with your decision making!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank CKoza
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Let's just start out by saying, I don't "do" old fashioned. The pictures online do this place no justice. Well it may look old fashioned...it certainly didn't feel that way. Everything was so neat and tidy and the staff was amazing! I ran the Great Turtle Half Marathon at the end of Oct. My husband, 2.5yr old and I stayed for 3 nights, and will definitely stay again.
Upon getting there the room was FREEZING! But with us being in there, and turning the heat up, it was fine a few hours later.
Being used to a Tempeurpedic at home, I can't really judge the bed "comfortableness"...because once you've experienced a Tempeurpedic...there isn't anything better. I did sleep...so it was fine.
Coffee, tea, and Hot cocoa available 24/7, warm cookies at bed time, and someone comes and cleans up your room during the day!
The breakfast was very filling every morning. Cereal, oatmeal, eggs, meat, potatoes, toast, bagels...can't really ask for much more! :)
The one thing I will advise...ask for a room away from the stairs. People can be very loud going up and down them at all hours.
Only about a 1/2 mile from the docks and the main street, it's a nice walk!

Room Tip: Away from the stairs and one with a fire place (more room)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank miss_melis3
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Inn on Mackinac with my husband and baby girl at the end of October. It was very clean and every employee was friendly. Our room was pretty chilly, but we were given a space heater to warm things up. The next day someone came to our room just to make sure we were warm enough. There is coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available 24/7, cheese with crackers and lemonade every afternoon, and fresh baked cookies delivered to your door every night. Those small touches make a big impact! A breakfast biggest is provided every morning and is very good. There is also an espresso bar in the lobby if you're interested in purchasing a special coffee drink. The prices are reasonable and coffee is yummy! The only issue we had is the internet access is limited to a couple of places. This was more of a problem for my husband who was trying to do a little work. I didn't miss the internet as I was there to relax and run in the Great Turtle Race! My family would definitely consider staying again.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Kristina W
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was a pleasant surprise for us. The inn was very charming and comfortable feeling. There are two wrap - around porches and two living room areas as well as a very nice stainless steel hot tub. Breakfast was served on the first floor, and had alot to offer. Everything we tried was wonderful.
Warm cookies were brought to our room each night! Coffee and hot chocolate was available any time of the day. The inn had a young man meet us at the ferry and he transported our luggage to the inn, as we enjoyed our first carriage ride to the hotel. The hotel is only 3 blocks from the
center of the town, which gave us the option to walk everywhere if we felt like it.Loved hearing the horses clopping down the road in the quiet of the evening. Prices were great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was our first visit to Mackinac Island and used Trip Advisor and other travel sites for information on lodging, finally settling on the Inn on Mackinac. Our visit could not have been better. Due to car problems, we were not able to get to the B&B on the night of our reservation. When I called, they offered to change our reservation to the following night at no extra charge. Upon arrival at the island, our baggage was picked up and delivered to the B&B and waiting for us. The B&B is charming, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location perfect. We were so glad we weren't in a hotel right in the middle of Main St. The Inn is close enough to the action but far enough away from the noise (I especially think this would be a plus during the heavy summer tourist season). We were on the 2nd floor near the wrap around porch and enjoyed sitting out there with a drink and people watching. WI-Fi is available on the porch. The breakfast was more than adequate and the special touch such as cookies in the room, cheese and crackers in the afternoon and coffee/hot chocolate/teach available 24/7 were a welcome surprise. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple