“I want a butterfly garden!”

The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I want a butterfly garden!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I loved the free flying butterflies! I think half of the pictures I took on the this trip were at the Butterfly house! The girl at the front desk was VERY friendly and helpful. I also like that you get a wrist band that lets you come back anytime during your stay on the island. It's a little pricey, at $9 a person. But if you can go multiple times (especially with children), it is worth the price. We also got to touch the gecco they have inside. Very cool!

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit! The butterflies were stunning and the flowers were beautiful! Hint: Wear very lightweight clothing or dress in removable layers as the building is warm - just the way butterflies like it.

Visited June 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“hidden gem”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife loves butterflies and this small wonder was a great experience, she had several butterflies land on her. Spend some time in the area really looking and you'll be surprised what u find. Gift shop was cheesy. But if your there make a point to spend an hour in the butterfly area

Visited June 2013
Northville, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth a quick trip for young kids”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Not a whole lot to see here - but it's cheap and fun to see reaction of young kids (11 or younger) to all the butterflies. Not a big excursion - just 30-60 minutes of entertainment.

Visited May 2014
Jefferson City
10 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Normally I am not a great fan of Butterfly Houses but when my wife put it on our schedule I went. I was truly amazed at this place. The butterflies were very active and gorgeous. We took dozens of pictures of these awesome creatures and enjoyed the time they gave us as they only live for about 7 days so we saw a good part of their lifetime.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Milton B

Travellers who viewed The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World also viewed

Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Been to The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World? Share your experiences!