The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Passed on this”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Cost was $7 but it was very small so we decided to pass on it. The house itself is very cute though & the gift shop wasn't that great.

• Korean first
Southwest US
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Beautiful butterflies to appreciate”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice to experience. A laminated chart to keep helps identify the species. Too bad they have to close it for winter and replace the butterflies every year.

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Lots of butterflies”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Lots of butterflies. reasonably priced. short walk from main street. Many different kinds of butterflies very colorful.

Dayton, Ohio
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Beautiful butterflies,but not much more”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Being nature lovers, we couldn't resist stopping in to see what The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly house had to offer. The butterfly room is beautiful and there are a number of butterflies there, but it felt quite small and limited in comparison to others that I have visited. Also, unless I missed out on something, I only saw a very few other insects on display. There were more dead mounted specimens than anything else. I felt the cost wasn't commensurate with the experience, so I left a bit disappointed.

1 Thank cmfug8
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I want a butterfly garden!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I loved the free flying butterflies! I think half of the pictures I took on the this trip were at the Butterfly house! The girl at the front desk was VERY friendly and helpful. I also like that you get a wrist band that lets you come back anytime during your stay on the island. It's a little pricey, at $9 a person. But if you can go multiple times (especially with children), it is worth the price. We also got to touch the gecco they have inside. Very cool!

Visited June 2014

Travellers who viewed The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World also viewed

Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Been to The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World? Share your experiences!