“Great food”

Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A casual restaurant/bar just a short walk down Grand Hill. Serving lunch, dinner, and beverages inside and outside. Televisions and live music. Overnight guests of Grand Hotel on the Modified American Plan or Full American Plan receive a $20.00 per adult credit towards the food portion of their dinner bill. There is tipping at The Gate House. Check the Restaurant Events Calendar for live music schedule, food/drink specials and more.Hours of Operation: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.Luncheon: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Dinner: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday Overnight guests of Grand Hotel on the Modified American Plan receive a $20.00 per adult credit towards the food portion of their bill.There is tipping at The Gate House.
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We always stop by the Gate House to eat when we are on the island the food is by far the best and the drinks are fantasic.

There are newer reviews for The Gate House

Reviewed 20 October 2011

You can eat indoors while watching the latest sports on TV or outdoors on their very nice patio with a view of the bridge. The food is excellent.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is a casual Grand Hotel restaurant and bar located close to the hotel. It has a really nice patio and is set-up like a sports bar inside. The food is really good and prices are reasonable.
I tried the "home made beef pastry" for lunch which cost me about $12. Food was really well presented and the service was good. There is a large beer, wine and cocktail selection.
You get a nice view of the Grand Hotel from the patio.

1  Thank sanman249
Reviewed 25 September 2011

All staff members from housekeeping, to the front desk, to the restaurant, were friendly and very helpful. We felt very welcome throughout our short visit.
I enjoyed one of the the best breakfast buffets I have experienced. Good variety and good taste. Late one evening we had a light supper, just what we were looking for. Again, good service and good food.
Inside and out, the facility is clean, neat and spacious. Just sitting on the front porch on a sunny afternoon was very relaxing. Our room was very nice with a great view of the harbor and Round Island. After a day that included travel, sightseeing and shopping, it felt good to relax in the pool/whirlpool/sauna. Only comment I could make concerning the grounds would be; that the bicycle rental detracts from the beauty of the front of the hotel and its lawn/gardens.
We enjoyed the hotel and its people, we have no complaints about our stay at The Island House. I do hope that we will be able to make our next visit, a longer visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I went to the Gate House Restaurant after our carriage ride around Mackinac Island. He had rainbow pasta and I had whitefish. Both meals were excellent.
The service was good and I liked eating outside on the patio.