“Great Service, Sandwiches, and Location for Lunch!”
Review of Carriage House

Carriage House
Reserve with OpenTable
Carriage House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Mackinac Island, Michigan
“Great Service, Sandwiches, and Location for Lunch!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My friend and I have been to the Carriage house for lunch twice now. The first time I had a grilled cheese panini, and today I had a crab melt sandwich. Both were very good. Make sure you try the peanut butter pie, it's magical! Our server Amber was very attentive and polite. She made sure to keep our glasses filled the entire time. Great service!

• Visited September 2013

“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We dined here and had a fabulous experience. I had the filet with bearnaise sauce, and they cooked it rare, like I requested.
My wife said the perch was also excellent. The service was efficient. I would come again... And again.

Visited September 2013
Garrett
“Not so special”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We made reservations for Carriage House to dine at an outside, waterfront table. We were seated next to the main building at dusk. There were no candles on the tables to light up the evening. Our server was helpful with the menu items and efficient. The filet mignon was dry even though medium rare, the potatoes were basically just mashed although billed as something a bit more elaborate, the uninteresting side vegetables were a combination of brussel sprouts, snow peas and cherry tomatoes all tossed a bit in oil, but no seasoning and served lukewarm. For the cost and the billing as fine dining, the fare was pedestrian at best. It became chilly but a portable heater would not light up. The diners at the next table discussed each others foot/toenail habits for several minutes while we were trying to eat. We saved this restaurant for our last evening on the island as a special occasion, but were let down with a meal that I could have prepared in my own kitchen — and better.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ElsieMae1526
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I were hesitant to go because of the prices but it was so worth it! I got the salmon and he got the pork tenderloin. We both finished our plates! Service was also great! No complaints from either of us, well worth the money.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Erica S
Bloomington, Indiana
“Perfect Setting and Delicious Dinner”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We chose the Carriage House for our anniversary dinner based on reviews, and it exceeded our expectations in every way. Terry was a perfect server, appropriate in timing and conversation, and she made excellent recommendations for wine as well as salads and entrees. We chose whitefish and perch since they are local and fresh, and what a treat. Our table was in a corner of the glass-walled dining room overlooking the lake and the outdoor eating area complete with views to die for. Yes, we dropped $300 but it was worth every penny, and we would do it again tomorrow.

• Visited August 2013