“Awesome!”
Review of Market Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Market Street Inn
Saginaw, Mi
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My family and I stayed at the Market Street Inn over the weekend of June 1st. I'd rented the entire inn (sight unseen) last Fall for my daughter's August 2012 wedding. I needed enough rooms to accommodate my extended family, and the inn's capacity fit exactly. I wanted to visit to make sure it was what I had assumed it would be, based on the pictures posted on line. I've stayed at many places on the island over the past 35 years and vist Mackinac at least once each year. The island is a wonderful place but I have come to realize and accept that spiders and overall wear and tear on these old, quaint hotels simply come with the territory. That is until I stayed at The Market Street Inn. It is hands down the cleanest hotel (or bed and breakfast) on the island. Aside from that you won't find a nicer person than Kristen (the gal who runs it) and also her staff. Kristen has a way of keeping everyone well taking care of without making a big deal out of it. I look forward to my return trip to Mackinac Island in August and know that my choice in choosing The Market Strret Inn for a very special weekend was a wise one!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank KatesNonnie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I can not say enough about this wonderful Bed & Breakfast on Mackinac Island. All of the staff was fabulous and were there to answer any questions and they made you feel welcomed and at home. The location is fantastic!! It is a short distance from the Arnold Transit dock so you have a quick walk and you are at Market Street Inn. The inn is close to main street but being on Market Street is a lot quiter than the noisy main street area. The breakfast was delicious and every evening by 7pm you could select from a breakfast sheet where you would like to eat (parlor, garden, or your room) and when you would like to eat for the next morning. One of our favorite areas at the inn was the front porch. We could have sat out there for hours just watching everyone go by and visiting with our friends. Each afternoon there were always cookies and fudge ... Yummy! Throughout the day/evening there is a choice of teas, cider, hot chocolate or water in the parlor. There is a place for your luggage for early arrivals or late departures which is a great help to make the most of your time on the island. Our group was so impressed with this beautiful and clean inn that we have already made reservations for next year. Thank you for a memorable trip!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank faith327
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Inn is in a great location (around the corner from Arnold's dock), central to Downtown activities. Rooms are on the small side, but quaint. Just what you'd expect from a bed&breakfast. Kristen is what makes this place awesome. Anything we wanted, she got it for us. And she did it all with a smile. Made our trip great, even on a rainy day. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sangeeta L
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Market St Inn by chance...next time will be by choice. It is a beautiful, well kept inn. Kristen and her staff are so welcoming. Even a rainy day on the island was enjoyable -- snuggling up with a good book and a cup of hot tea at the inn.

The location is perfect -- just off Main yet steps away from the heart of the action.

We can't wait to come back.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DLFF
Jackson, MI
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed with some friends at the Market Street Inn for 3 days. It is a perfect location. Kristen is a wonderful Innkeeper who makes you feel like you are family. I felt like I was in my own family cottage. I have stayed several places on the Island and this was by far my favorite.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank fraea
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean, friendly, service-oriented B&B, this is the place. The rooms are very quiet. My wife and I stayed upstairs in room 8, so there was no noise above us There were a variety of fresh cookies in the parlor throughout the day. Hot chocolate, tea, cider, and instant coffee mixes were available all day. Kristin welcomed us like we we the special guests of honor. Free breakfast is included from 8:00 to 9:30. . You fill out your menu by 7pm and indicate where you would like to dine in the morning - in your room, in the parlor, or in the garden. The outdoor garden is quaint and beautiful, defiinitely the best choice. When we came back the the parlor late in the evening, there were candies in a dish with a note that said sweet dreams. There are also pre-stamped postcards in the room to send to your friends or family - very nice touch. Overall, a great experience! Would most certainly do this again!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank TimBrenda
Waupaca, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for 3 days at the Market Street Inn. This was the first B&B for us both and we had a wonderful time. We stayed in the Garden Suite which was perfect for us. We had a bedroom with a queen size bed, living room w/ a sofa bed and another chair, wet bar with refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and air conditioning. One of the best things about this room is it had it's own private side entrance with a small patio area. We really liked not having to go through the house to get to our room. The bathroom only had a small shower stall with no tub but I knew that when I reserved the room and it wasn't a problem for us. Kristen was very helpful and really puts alot of care into making sure you have everything you need. The continental breakfast was outstanding. There were more than enough menu items to choose from and we never left for our day hungry. The cinnamon rolls were amazing! The inn was located in a great spot, away from the noise and crowds of Main Street but close enough that you were in the thick of things within a walk of a couple minutes. We were also right outside of Fort Mackinac. The whole trip was very relaxing and peaceful, we would definitely return and stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple