“Fairly New”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Harrison, Michigan
“Fairly New”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a great server, Sarah. We were shocked when she said she had only been there for a short time. She did an excellent job. The food was wonderful and was served promptly. Only problem was something with their drink machine was putting soda water in with the water. We told Sarah and she replaced our glasses with fresh water. Prices were pretty good too.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank loonqueen

Dallas, Texas
“If you're tired of eating fudge”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Go to Village Inn if you're are seeking dessert other than fudge. I'm a southern girl, so take me to nearest cake or pie please! They have several selections on the menu. Girl power at the power, sweet ladies. If Tom is at the bar, he will surely welcome you sweetly.

• Visited May 2014
Michigan
“Too Overwhelmed with the Convention Visitors!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Not enough staff and a short supply of graciousness was the on the menu!! They offer a lunch soup and half sandwich deal for those people attending the Grand Hotel conference. Too bad this was not GRAND!! We should have seated ourselves at the bar. SHE was very nice! I even tipped her for the water I had to walk over and get for myself. Won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
FFD11, Manager at Cawthorne's Village Inn, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We apologize that you were unhappy with your experience. The convention you speak of is called Winsome Women. In three days there are 2500 women of all ages that come to the Grand Hotel for a Christian retreat. They have been coming for many years. For those three days they storm our restaurants for lunch and that is why we have a 1/2 sandwich and cup of soup for our lunch special. That is what 95% of these women want to eat for lunch because they have such a large dinner that evening. We sold 550 1/2 sandwiches and soup those 3 days. We do this every year and will continue to. We are sorry to hear that your server did not get your water to you in a timely manner and we will address that. It is so early in the season for us that we only have a small amount of staff on hand until colleges let out and that staff comes. Please come back and visit us in the summer months when we are full staffed and we will try to make it up to you.
Dwight, Illinois
“The Best Meal I had on my Michigan Trip!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My friends and I decided to come here for supper after Geocaching the Island all day. It was the best decision I made on my Michigan Trip. I had been here before and found the restaurant to be very good, but this time I tried the BBQ Ribs and they were amazing! It was the best meal I had on my whole 5 day Michigan Trip. Reasonable prices (considering food costs more on the sland - understandably) and great service! I will be back next year! Everyone in our group of three agreed this was the best eating on the Island (this time of year)!!!! Thank you!

• Visited April 2014
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Stay away from Cawthorne's Village Inn”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The waitresses were rude and very impatient that we didn't order food immediately. We said we wanted to have our drinks and look at the menu for a few minutes before ordering, but that didn't go over well. We hurriedly finished our drinks, went to the cashier to pay for them (telling her and the waitress that we were leaving because of their attitudes). We will never go back there. Received no reply to my letter to this establishment explaining what happened!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank smfinmi
FFD11, Manager at Cawthorne's Village Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time. With that said, your review doesn't sound like you were at our restaurant. Primarily because we do not have a cashier. Also, our staff is trained to be very patient and take their time. We are on Mackinac Island and no one is in a hurry. We encourage our guests to dine with us and take as much time as possible. Also, I did NOT receive a letter from anyone regarding this matter. When I do receive letters, positive or negative, I ALWAYS write back and thank that patron for their time and advise. We strive to keep our guests happy. I hope readers understand that this review was not meant for Cawthorne's Village Inn.