“Chocolate topped with caramel and sea salt!!! Oh my!!”
Review of Ryba's Fudge Shops

Ryba's Fudge Shops
Ranked #3 of 13 Shopping in Mackinac Island
More attraction details
Owner description: While on Mackinac Island it is impossible to miss the sweet aroma of fudge wafting over the streets. For the sweetest souvenir on the Island we suggest some of Ryba's famous Mackinac Island fudge. Voted the "Best Fudge in Michigan" by the Detroit News five years in a row, be sure to buy enough to share. Can't make it back for more? Visit the website for mail order options and other delectable treats.
Detroit, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Chocolate topped with caramel and sea salt!!! Oh my!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very good creamy fudge in a variety of flavors. Hotel coupons do not work with specials like three pounds for $19.95 but watch out as the specialty flavors are more. Get a selection. In the unlikely event that you have a great deal of self-control, remember that fudge freezes well too. Ryba's is one of the better shops.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Smooth & Creamy”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A self-proclaimed chocoholic that isn't a huge fudge fan? That's me. It's pretty well known that Mackinac island is known for its fudge. In her effort to convert me my daughter enjoyed bringing me samples and I was surprised when I found there is a significant difference in taste and texture. If you are of the smooth and creamy persuasion, then Rybas is your destination. I understand Joanne runs a close second but didn't visit that shop. Murdicks was dry but tasted okay. I would recommend their ice cream over their fudge..yum! As a result, my pocketbook a little more empty and my fridge now contains the cute little pink box with the remnants of its fortune. Chaching!

Western NC
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Mail Order Recipient - Lucky me! Yum!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Although I have not set foot on the Island, my BFF goes every year - and I am the lucky recipient of a box of fudge from her visit. As I do not live near her, it is shipped to me by Ryba's. Fudge arrives in a box packed with a cooler bag - so although it was 85* when it arrived, it was not a gloppy mess, but was firm, fresh, and delicious. This year I received no-nut chocolate, caramel sea salt, and chocolate peanut butter. All were great, and neither hubby nor I could pick a favorite!

I cannot speak to the stores - but for mail order, Ryba's is a winner, and I highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank sophiegirl04
Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ryba's Bike rental”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I can't find the bike rental shop on here that must be associated with Ryba's fudge shops... but it was right next to the Star Line ferry dock and had a good selection. We got a tandem bike, two adult cruisers and two tagalongs for the kids. Good prices and convenient location. My only (minor) gripe was they first put an adult helmet on my daughter who is 7 and tiny, so obviously not the right one.

Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The BEST”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is the best place for fudge. I have tried them all over the years. The fudge coffee is yummy too especially while sitting on your hotel balcony in the mornings.

Visited September 2013