Pontiac Lodge
Chippewa Hotel Waterfront(Mackinac Island)(Great Value!)
US$150
  • Restaurant
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
US$153
  • Pool
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$214
  • Pool
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$220
US$213
Grand Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$394
Official Hotel
US$220
Travelocity
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
The Inn at Stonecliffe(Mackinac Island)
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshepler's ferryhoban streetmain streetroom was cleannice lodgingnice jacuzzi tubsmall refrigeratorcoffee potwould stay here againyour luggagehorses clip cloppingdowntown mackinacthree nightswater pressuredouble bedair conditionerrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here during a snowmobile trip this past winter. The owner was very helpful as we called him on his cell phone (according to directions posted on the door) and he met us at the Pontiac Lodge within an hour to give us a room key.

The room was VERY nice and clean. Right next door to a bar and restaurant. I would definitely recommend staying here, great location right downtown.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

the hotel is a very nice place to stay. one thing I didn't care for were the stairs. we go in and out all day long, and the stairs are a killer. also, you have to go to the park if you want to sit and people watch, being this is on a second floor. but the place was still a good, clean hotel.

Room Tip: if you have a large group, there's a huge apartment-like room. big kitchen, fridge, oven.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary Ann H
Reviewed 26 January 2014

After visiting the island many times over the past 10 years, I stayed at the Pontiac Lodge during the winter season. It was very nice inside the room. The room is painted in tasteful colors, the bathroom has nice fixtures, and the room had a wet bar including a dorm frig. The gal who checked me in was very friendly and help me carry my luggage upstairs. My room was #24 and it had a living room. All the furnishing were in very good shape. With this hotel, you do not get a breakfast so keep that in mind but it was not an issue for me. I would highly recommend the Pontiac Lodge.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We planned our visit to Mackinaw Island knowing that it would be quiet and relaxing... what we received was so much more. We arrived on the ferry and were taken to the Pontiac Lodge by horse and carriage. The check in was efficient and friendly. Our room (#23) was clean, nicely equipped with all the necessities. The bed was comfortable and the view was beautiful. VERY QUIET. Because of the time of year, we did have some snowmobile noise buzzing by the hotel occasionally, but it was not annoying, in fact it was kind of nice. We spent the two days walking and visiting with locals in the 2 restaurants/bars still open in the winter. Brad and Brandi at the Mustang were AWESOME and Jesse at the Village Inn was so friendly and helpful. On the second night, we waited too long to eat and the kitchen was closed at the village Inn by time we arrived.. We collected cheese and crackers from our room and sat at the bar and had a nice snack. Jesse kindly offered plates, napkins and even washed our "cheese cutter" for us before we left. Be became "locals" for 2 days and were included in local conversation and fun. If you are looking for excitement... look somewhere else. Winter vacationing is LOW key on Mackinaw island... but so relaxing and VERY romantic.
On our last morning, there was a knock at the door of our room. It was Allen from the Hotel. He told us that the ferry was "iced in" in St. Ignace and we would not be able to get across by Ferry. He stated that the planes may be flying later in the day, but were not currently flying due to poor visibility. We called and got on a wait list to fly over to St. Ignace, and then went to the Mustang to "wait it out". Word came through about 3pm that the "Huron" had broken free and was going to attempt to get to the Island for one trip around 4pm. We hustled to get our things collected and get down to the dock to wait for the Ferry. Once we arrived at the dock, I realized that in the rush, I left my glasses in the room. I called Allen from the Pontiac Lodge and he told me he would check the room and run them to me. Sure enough, 10 minutes later, Allen arrived at the dock with my glasses. Above and Beyond.. That was the general theme of the entire trip. We will return next winter with hopes of seeing familiar faces and hopefully getting "stranded" again.
-Nancy and Matt

Room Tip: Room #23 had a very nice and clean whirlpool jetted tub. It was a nice relaxing bonus after walking around in the cold.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We very much enjoyed a return visit to Mackinac Island after having owned a condo there for several years. Clean and comfortable bed and furnishings, as well as Wi-Fi. Having a microwave and fridge was a big plus as well. Very convenient to the main street and all of the activities. Also economically priced for the Island. I can imagine it would be very noisy at the height of the summer season, but it wasn't bad in mid-September. Overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple