“Italian Dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Owosso
“Italian Dinner”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We ate dinner on Saturday night at Goodfellow's. The food was very good, I had chicken parmesan which was larger than I could eat but delicious, hubby had veal which was very good. Our waitress was Rachael (I think) and she was very friendly and attentive. My only complaint was we were seated near a family of about 12 at two tables who were quite loud and distracting. I just don't like dining around kids who are whining and spilling things, so maybe most people wouldn't mind. Overall I would eat there again.

Visited October 2013

Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Homophobic staff”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The food was average at best. The wine selection was actually pretty good and the staff was well trained in the product. They could use some sensitivity training when it comes to guest services, or at least they should if they expect the level of tipping that the pricing would suggest. My buddies and I were not well received. Unfortunate.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Makebetterchoices970
East Lansing, Michigan, United States
“Rachel is Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I cannot say enough good things about our experience here. We came in on our first night on the island and there was just a bit of a wait. After being sat our waitress, Rachel, promptly brought us our drinks, went over the history of the restaurant and their specialties and made some suggestions. We ordered the porterhouse to share and boy, was that the right choice. It came with amazing fresh baked bread and awesome pesto sauce to start, then a fresh salad with some of the best dressing I've ever had. Finally, she brought our the steak still sizzling on a skillet to our table and began carving it off the bone for us. This was a very nice touch as it made it easier to just start enjoying our meal rather that trying to divvy it up ourselves or make a mess of the gorgeous cut. And by the way, this steak was not only the largest porterhouse I've ever seen, but the taste itself was out of this world. Anyways, while the waitress was carving our steak we were chatting about having just gotten married, being on the island for our honeymoon, etc. After finishing our dinner and having to fight the urge to pick up the bone and start gnawing on the scraps in public, another waiter brought a slice of cake to our table, asked if we were the couple celebrating our honeymoon, and told us to enjoy! This was just so sweet and thoughtful, not to mention the dessert itself was spectacular.

Overall: Yes, the chophouse has more expensive parts to its menu. However every one of these items is likely worth the price if I can judge from my meal and experience (and trust me, we went to several other high end restaurants on the island that trip and none of them even came close to this meal). You will find no better quality cut of meat there, nor can the service be topped. A hint though: Ask for Rachel!

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“...reminded me of fast-food chains type of food”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This restaurant reminded me of Olive Garden. If you enjoy their food then your going to love this place. I on the other hand do not like to bite into my chicken pesto flatbread and taste chicken that was most likely frozen and then microwaved when I ordered.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank 2TheMoonAndBack
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Catered event”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We went for a catered event, though we have been to the resteraunt proper before. There has always been good service and good food. The impressive thing about the catered event was that is was done gluten free. They had gluten free pasta and breads and everything. We were quite impressed with the spread.

• Visited August 2013