“Bridge Vista”

Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
“Bridge Vista”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just recently stayed at the Bridge Vista with my family. The staff and front desk were very friendly and helpful I getting me to my room. After a day on the island and walking around Mackinaw city, we decided to go to the hotels water park. It was great for the kids and they even have a lifeguard on duty for the slides for our kids protection. It was a great place to stay, we loved it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bob f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Cheboygan, Michigan
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had our daughter's birthday party at Bridge Vista! We were overly impressed by the friendliness of the staff, and how accommodating they were. The kids had a blast (The adults did too), and we can't wait to go back. Thank-You to the manager and staff for making our time at Bridge Vista the very best it could be. They definitely went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed every bit of our stay. Thank-You! I'd definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FitnessDiva1215
Ovid, Michigan
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Yes, it looks just like any other hotel in Mackinaw City. Blending in with big name restaurants, specialty gift shops, and some of the best high end chain hotels around. It all adds to the charm of the Mackinac Island and the surrounding areas. Yes, they even have a water park and a view of our famous bridge. But looks are deceiving. It's very inviting from the outside, but from the inside every good hotel needs good management and staff and good work ethics. If its practiced at the top it's usually that way with the staff. Now days its essential to get what you pay for. And that means even the basics like clean sheets and towels, proper working hardware, being reassured that safety is their top priority, and that the customer is always right theory. Reputation is important and you cant always rely on just non-repeat customers. It always catches up one way or the other.
My family members stayed there the last weekend in May. The enjoyment they had on the island and the area was overshadowed by the rudeness, and the unprofessional manner every employee displayed. No one was allowed to go up the chain of command to make a unsatisfactory complaint.
I might add that they have a link to the chamber website for this hotel. I find it very odd that their review column is very similar to tripadvisor. They called it travel advisor and its logo is very similar in design. Finally, I feel, word of mouth is still the best way to advertise with help of social media. It can travel as fast as the wind sometimes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank CFHazard

Travellers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

When me and my boyfriend arrived, we thought it was a charming hotel. The exterior looks newly renovated and authentic rural woodsy. We loved the location with the door leading to the beach on the lake.

The room itself was not everything we expected it to be. The description from the reservation was the room has a king bed - it is not. It is most definitely a queen bed even though we were assured it was a king bed by the staff at the front desk. We can manage it but we're not small people and it was a little disappointing we didn't have a bigger bed to stretch out on. The bed also isn't very comfortable as it is very bouncy.

As I'm typing this, the wi-fi is spotty at best. Maybe its the location of our room but its been very difficult to browse. My boyfriend and I currently connected to wi-fi from another source.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Miranda V
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a quiet place to stay, then don't stay here. I started complaining to the front desk at 11PM and it did'nt get quiet till midnight. There were kids running down the hallways and adults laughing and talking loudly in the halls. There was a group of Girl Scouts outside in front of our room talking and playing in the sand around a camp fire. I would never stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank john c
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed with friends for the weekend!! Amazing Hotel with Amazing service. Very nice staff, with waterpark we all loved. I would recommend This Hotel to everyone!! "VERY PLEASED"....Enjoy you're stay!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very happy I chose this hotel passing thru Makinaw City. Room was great, view and beach were spectacular, staff were stellar and the breakfast was bonus. Manager dealt with a minor issue promptly and professionally. I enjoyed my stay here and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed June 2014